I had held off updating the 9530 because I found out that after updating I could not use VZAccess, making my Cradlepoint router useless.

At any rate, the BB got so bad I finally decided to go ahead with the latest 5.0. update. During the upgrade I got a fatal error and the phone could not be revived through technical help. All I can get is the red LED light blinking twice at about 3 second intervals.

Since I had some time left on my Verizon contract I got a used 9530 from Ebay. I am a little concerned that my computer may be the problem and that the same thing may happen to this used phone.

Anybody have any advice? Is there something I should try with the old phone? I have not received the replacement yet, but should I be concerned about updating it?

How do you find out which software version is installed?

T
    07-18-10 10:01 AM
    Try the Blackberry 101 Reloading a Nuked OS from the Help menu on the Crackberry menubar.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-18-10 10:20 AM
    Thanks Mr. Moderator

It didn't work exactly as described but it did work. Used another computer to run the 5.0 update and it is working as well as a 9530 can, I guess.

Thanks again

Maybe Verison should send their Technical Assistance people here for training.
    07-18-10 08:50 PM
    Yeah Ive used Blackberry master control program many times to get my phone back up when vzw tech support couldnt help. Always got my phone back up.
    07-18-10 09:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD