I've seen plenty of speculation on the storm but how about its 3rd party apps.. Will the games be as fun as iphones or will most old bb apps work on the storm... Will be able to convert iphone apps to work for bb... can anyone answer some of these question....thanks
    11-11-08 02:46 PM
    i doubt it, completely diffrent operating systems...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-11-08 02:46 PM
    IIRC it has been reported/confirmed the existing BB apps will work on storm.

I would be amazed if iphone apps were emulated.

as for converted apps... Not a programer so i don't know, but I expect that would be quite dificult
    11-11-08 04:07 PM
    I really dont think people should expect much more than what current BB apps offer today. The 4.7 OS sdk is very similar to older versions. There is accelerometer and touchscreen controls, but not much more.
    11-11-08 04:21 PM
    iphone apps are written in objective C, for use on a mac OS

completely different than any other mobile phone OS development
    11-11-08 04:23 PM
    As for using existing BB apps on the Storm, that's totally up to the developers.

If they don't optimize it and enable touchscreen input, it's not really gonna work or not work very well.
    11-11-08 04:25 PM
    Older applications will be converted for the touch UI. As far a new ones, I believe some will come along that take full advantage of the Storm's abilities.
    11-11-08 04:37 PM
    Why do people continue to think that the Storm is an iPhone clone and should be exactly the same as an iPhone??!??!!??!

Someone else asked if that "pinch to zoom" iPhone thing was going to be available on the Storm. Answer: No. That's on the iPhone, not available on blackberries. Why? Because the BLACKBERRY Storm is not an iPhone.

Why would apps written specifically for the iPhone be available on blackberries?

There just seem to be WAY too many people who want this BLACKBERRY to be an iPhone. If you want an iPhone, switch to AT&T and get one. Knock yourself out. If you want a Storm, get a Storm (or switch to Verizon and get a Storm), but please please please stop wishing hoping, or worse, even demanding that the Storm do everything that the iPhone does - if it did, DUH, it would be an iPhone!!!!!!

Am I missing something here?
    11-11-08 04:56 PM
    Some people want a similar phone without having to switch carriers.

That's why. AT&T != Verizon

Also contracts and ETFs and all that good stuff.
    11-11-08 05:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD