I have a 9530 and all of a sudden it starts randomly shutting down and then rebooting about 10 times a day. This is my 3rd or 4th replacement and now the year manufacturers warranty is out. Any idea as to what could be causing the issue.

Thanks in advance
    01-02-11 02:15 AM
    A few things to look at:

Is your battery charged and staying charged? A bad battery can cause resets.

What is is your free app memory after you do a battery pull or reset? If your free app memory is too low, you may need to remove some apps, delete old email and text messages and generally unclutter your phone.

What OS are you using? Maybe an OS reload or a different OS will help.
    01-02-11 01:41 PM
    A few things to look at:

Is your battery charged and staying charged? A bad battery can cause resets.

What is is your free app memory after you do a battery pull or reset? If your free app memory is too low, you may need to remove some apps, delete old email and text messages and generally unclutter your phone.

What OS are you using? Maybe an OS reload or a different OS will help.
    Battery stays charged good. After doing quick pull I have 42.36 MB of free app memory. I'm using 5.0.0.328. Does this all look good? Do you have any recommendations.
    01-02-11 10:02 PM
    The battery and memory seem fine. A lot of people have had problems with OS 328. I would recommend trying a more recent leaked OS. A lot of people liked 419. I am happy with the most recent leak from China, 1041. Many people reported good results with 797.

You may want to read a few of the threads on those OS's and see if there were any specific issues with the apps you use.
    01-03-11 02:19 PM
    I downloaded 1041 from hotfile but I'm not sure how to get it on my phone. Any help would be appreciated.
    01-03-11 08:23 PM
    Before doing any of this, be sure to back up your phone.

After downloading the OS, you need to double click on the exe file and install it to your computer. Then on your computer go to Program Files/Common Files/Research in Motion/AppLoader and scroll down to the bottom of the list of files and delete the Vendor file. Connect your phone to the computer via USB and wait for the computer to install the drivers and recognize the phone. Then scroll back up to near the top of the AppLoader folder and double click the Loader.exe file. This should kick off the loading process.

See instructions in the link below:

http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101...ting-system-os
    Last edited by DJM1947; 01-03-11 at 09:23 PM.
    01-03-11 09:10 PM
    All i got after the download was the run setup file
    01-03-11 10:36 PM
    Quick Followup Question.

In the end VZW allowed me to upgrade early. I went with the Droid X, love it so far!!
    But my question is What do I need to do to sell my storm on eBay? Like what needs to be erased and so on and so forth.

Thanks.
    01-25-11 01:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD