Stats
    10 gig
    Micro slot
    release date 10-1-08
    5 pix camera
    07-24-08 01:09 PM
    lol. Is this what you think it will have, what you want it to have, or what you know it is gonna have?
    07-24-08 05:10 PM
    All I can say is... false unless proven otherwise : Please cite a source!!

I highly doubt things I 'just hear'...

I am not saying this is not true... it seems like a good guess, but I want something in writing or some more assurance. (especially when it is your first post)

Welcome to CrackBerry!
    07-24-08 05:12 PM
    Welcome to CB
    07-24-08 05:23 PM
    Stats
    10 gig
    Micro slot
    release date 10-1-08
    5 pix camera
    I like this guy already.
    07-24-08 05:30 PM
    Stats
    10 gig
    Micro slot
    release date 10-1-08
    5 pix camera
    lmao, yeah right!
    07-24-08 07:09 PM
    I don't know what's funnier. The fact that no one believes Tim or that everyone has been let down by RIM on "strong hardware stats" that they don't think RIM could make such a device in 08. That's some ironic isht.

Those stats that he mentioned seem too good to be true, and it's from a guy who's made just one post here, and he's said nothing to back it up at all.
    07-24-08 08:18 PM
    Wow, some of you members kill me! Did you ever stop and think...I refuse to put the rest of this sentence, because if you don't know/then I'm not telling ya.

EDIT: I am not referring to the release date.
    Last edited by Crucial_Xtreme; 07-25-08 at 06:31 PM.
    07-25-08 06:05 AM
    Wow, some of you members kill me! 2 I know are 100% true. I believe the other is true also. Did you ever stop and think...I refuse to put the rest of this sentence, because if you don't know/then I'm not telling ya.

EDIT: I am not referring to the release date.
    Why do we "kill" you? Because we are skeptical of the info of someone who's first post was yesterday, and who gave info that sounds almost too good to be true, and who has said absolutely nothing else to back up his claim?
    07-25-08 06:43 AM
    Wow, you really do not know how some things work. I mean, if I was going to leak some of my companies information(** I AM NOT**) I sure as **** wouldn't use my name. And wouldn't have an account that's tied to myself. Anyway, you believe what you want.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by Crucial_Xtreme; 07-25-08 at 06:32 PM.
    07-25-08 07:11 AM
    Wow, you really do not know how some things work. I mean, if I was going to leak some of my companies information(** I AM NOT**) I sure as **** wouldn't use my name. And wouldn't have an account that's tied to myself. Anyway, you believe what you want. The info is posted so I can say what I want about it. I know for fact that 2 of the stats are true. I believe the other is. As for the release date, I have no clue.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I have a feeling this information is more and more credible every time I hear Crucial_X say something...

Disregard my first post in this thread... I totally believe it!

And, I am F*CKING STOKED for the Thunder now! I did not think the hardware specs would be anywhere near this strong!
    07-25-08 07:16 AM
    lol, you guys are funny. You won't believe the 1 post guy who I see Crucial grasps the idea behind, but you'll belive Crucial... who just gets lucky with info *sometimes.

Either way, I sure as heck hope that 10GB is usable for RAM and app installs. If it's just like the Bold where it's only storage, then RIM can suck my ba**s and I'm still going to laugh at them. I might have a Thunder in my pocket, but I'll still laugh at them. They need to get past this memory allocation BS already. This isn't 1985 anymore.
    07-25-08 08:42 AM
    If it has a 5 mp camera that would be dumb. These high top end camera phones crack me up. I don't care how the resolution that you give it, a tiny plastic lens and a light sensor that is designed to take up as little space as possible will not replace a camera. I would love to have at least 10 gb of internal storage so I could load my BB up with fun apps.
    Is there any news of how the interface will work? I think that the iPhone multi touch thing is so cool but they might have a patent on that... who knows?
    07-25-08 09:01 AM
    lol, you guys are funny. You won't believe the 1 post guy who I see Crucial grasps the idea behind, but you'll belive Crucial... who just gets lucky with info *sometimes.

Either way, I sure as heck hope that 10GB is usable for RAM and app installs. If it's just like the Bold where it's only storage, then RIM can suck my ba**s and I'm still going to laugh at them. I might have a Thunder in my pocket, but I'll still laugh at them. They need to get past this memory allocation BS already. This isn't 1985 anymore.
    I would rather believe someone who is credible... such as Crucial_X

You act like it was ignorant of me (and others) to question the OP, who did not cite a source or back his info. I am slightly more inclined to belive a trusty person such as Crucial!!

As for the comment about the 10Gb : That would be crazy if it was all RAM!

I agree, there needs to be more storage space so that the OS and applications are not limited into a confined memory amount, but that storage will probably be for media use... considering RIM is going out on a limb to compete with the iPhone on this one and they are focusing on the whole media aspect
    07-25-08 09:12 AM
    LOL watch this guy be right and all the "thunder" roumers are BS lol
    07-25-08 09:15 AM
    Crucial... who just gets lucky with info *sometimes.
    Ok, first, hop off. 2nd, Sometimes? Are you serious? If so, well, it speaks for itself. 2) BM can doubt something if he wants. But, he spoke with me and changed his mind. What's wrong with that?
    Now back to sometimes. I ask you to post information that I've posted that has turned out to be false. PLEASE. I'm not flaming you, but don't say I get lucky with info, sometimes, lol. If you only knew. I refuse to put my company name out there, but I assure you the info I post is accurate, and by far lucky. It kills me to be on the forums, and NOT be able to post all that I do know. But I also refuse to lose my job to simply satisfy the curiosity of CB. Sorry, but my wife and kids do come first. With that said, I do all I can. So, you do or say what you want, but when this model drops, we will see if I'm righ or wrong. I know when thew time comes I'll have those famous three words for you.... Told --- --....til then, Have a nice day.
    07-25-08 09:41 AM
    I would rather believe someone who is credible... such as Crucial_X

You act like it was ignorant of me (and others) to question the OP, who did not cite a source or back his info. I am slightly more inclined to belive a trusty person such as Crucial!!

As for the comment about the 10Gb : That would be crazy if it was all RAM!

I agree, there needs to be more storage space so that the OS and applications are not limited into a confined memory amount, but that storage will probably be for media use... considering RIM is going out on a limb to compete with the iPhone on this one and they are focusing on the whole media aspect

Ok, first, hop off. 2nd, Sometimes? Are you serious? If so, well, it speaks for itself. 2) BM can doubt something if he wants. But, he spoke with me and changed his mind. What's wrong with that?
    Now back to sometimes. I ask you to post information that I've posted that has turned out to be false. PLEASE. I'm not flaming you, but don't say I get lucky with info, sometimes, lol. If you only knew. I refuse to put my company name out there, but I assure you the info I post is accurate, and by far lucky. It kills me to be on the forums, and NOT be able to post all that I do know. But I also refuse to lose my job to simply satisfy the curiosity of CB. Sorry, but my wife and kids do come first. With that said, I do all I can. So, you do or say what you want, but when this model drops, we will see if I'm righ or wrong. I know when thew time comes I'll have those famous three words for you.... Told --- --....til then, Have a nice day.

lol, you both missed my point. I was being facetious with the statements. Hence the "" and the * by the sometimes. It was a sidejab mang, since we all know as of late you've been backing up some info that no one else would. I would have thought bm would have read into this. hehe.

Anyway, as for the 10GB memory thing and it being for media only because they want to compete with the iPhone. Not a good example. It is and it isn't. The 8 or 16GB sizes of the iPhone are memory for both the media and applications/processes. It gives the user the ability to dictate what they want to use for what. If the Thunder has 256MB for app and 10GB for storage, that to me is no different then 256MB and a removable 10GB memory card. If I can't put apps on the memory, I view it as being just as limited as the memory card... even more so because it cannot be removed to get that media off if you need to. RIM needs to step past the limited onboard OS memory infrastructure. The OS will need to be rewritten to remove that limitation and the CPU will need a replacement as well in certain cases. This is what they don't get. If I want to load 50 themes and 100 apps, I should be able to. Even 256MB of memory isn't going to do that. Some of you might think that no one will need to have 50 themes on their phone..... all I say to that is.... no one ever thought we needed more then 3.5GB of RAM on 32bit systems either. Look at where that is getting us today.

In my book, the more the better. Do you think the vast majority of iPhone users fill up their 16GB of memory all the time? Probably not, but it's nice to know that it's there instead of worrying about "Oh, I have to unload this to get that" BS that's happening now.

Cool?... Cool.
    07-25-08 10:17 AM
    ^^ well, I apologize, cause I mis-understood. I apologize. And I agree totally! It's pointless to have 10gig and around 256 for usable. But, I'm glad we're on the same page now.

edit: I hope you accept my apology.
    07-25-08 11:05 AM
    I, like Crucial_X, misunderstood

Sorry JRSCCivic!! And I get your drift...

Didn't really catch the sarcasim the first time around and it bit me in the back side!

*Also agree with the memory philosophy... makes no sense to have allllll thatttt spaaaace... if you cannot even utilize it how you want!! *

Hope we are cool, no hard feelings
    07-25-08 11:09 AM
    Crucial,

Your saying something is more believable than someone who shows up with one post, and says nothing else. So if you say something, then I'll believe based on your history in these forums. However, you said 2 of the stats mentioned by the OP are confirmed by you. Which 2 of them?
    07-25-08 01:25 PM
    Crucial,

Your saying something is more believable than someone who shows up with one post, and says nothing else. So if you say something, then I'll believe based on your history in these forums. However, you said 2 of the stats mentioned by the OP are confirmed by you. Which 2 of them?
    You can only assume he is confirming the 2 other than the release date and microSD slot, since the microSD slot is obvious and he said he could not confirm the date (use some logic here... and narrow it down... he made it easy!)
    07-25-08 01:38 PM
    You can only assume he is confirming the 2 other than the release date and microSD slot, since the microSD slot is obvious and he said he could not confirm the date (use some logic here... and narrow it down... he made it easy!)
    Well, instead of "assuming", I'd rather ask, and if he's willing to answer, then I wouldn't have to "assume" anything, I'd know for sure. And You say use logic and narrow it down, because he's confirming the "2" other than the release date? There were actually "3" other than the release date that the OP stated:

10 gig
    Micro slot
    release date 10-1-08
    5 pix camera

So that still leaves 10 gig, micro slot, and 5 pin camera.
    07-25-08 01:48 PM
    Well, a Verizon rep that has posted info on hofo, and has been right every time for the past several years says, tentative date is October 1st, 3.2 megapixel camera and 1GB of memory. Not as good as the 10GB and 5 megapixel, but a lot more believable.
    07-25-08 02:40 PM
    Well, a Verizon rep that has posted info on hofo, and has been right every time for the past several years says, tentative date is October 1st, 3.2 megapixel camera and 1GB of memory. Not as good as the 10GB and 5 megapixel, but a lot more believable.
    After that post another reputable source over on hofo confirmed the stats.
    07-25-08 05:34 PM
    excuse my stupidity.. whats HOFO???
    07-25-08 05:43 PM
115 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD