01-30-09 03:19 AM
    I ordered the black trim, but I intend to paint it red. Maybe before I do I will take a picture of how it looks in black. Depends on how much phone assembly I would have to do to just get that visual. I think it would look great in black though.
    01-30-09 03:24 AM
    i like the chrome but the black looks interesting
    01-30-09 03:32 AM
    I think it would look pretty good. I personally like the silver though. I wonder how difficult it is to replace.
    01-30-09 05:31 AM
    I've been toying with the idea of getting the black one for mine. I dropped my phone in the parking lot at work a few weeks ago, and now it has a nice little gash in the top corner A little too scared to take apart my phone tho!
    01-30-09 07:03 AM
    If anyone is wanting to do this...Be Careful!!!! I bought this item and wanted to do the same thing, go all black.....Well I ended up breaking my lock button......There is a thin flex cable under the top cover that is glued to it, when I tried to ligft the top cover off, the cable tore...I am trying to locate a broken one for parts right now to fix it...The only thing I might suggest if someone else wanted to try this, is to maybe heat the top up with a hair dryer first to try to loosen the glue , then try to carefully lift the top cover off...If anyone else has a better idea, please let me know
    01-30-09 08:02 AM
    I'd be too afraid to take the phone apart.
    01-30-09 08:33 AM
    I'd be too afraid to take the phone apart.
    Yeah i agree
    01-30-09 08:40 AM
    The concept is very cool but going off of how many times people have already sent back their original device; is this not a gamble for voiding your warranty. Cool look though

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-30-09 08:42 AM
    The concept is very cool but going off of how many times people have already sent back their original device; is this not a gamble for voiding your warranty. Cool look though

All you would need to do would be to change it back to the original before replacing it.

01-30-09 08:57 AM
    Looks kewl. But I like the brushed steel finish.
    01-30-09 09:21 AM
    I've been toying with the idea of getting the black one for mine. I dropped my phone in the parking lot at work a few weeks ago, and now it has a nice little gash in the top corner A little too scared to take apart my phone tho!

Ditto!

It's not major but it's right where the ZAGG invisible shield doesn't cover!! (of course)

I really do like that all black but i watched the dis assembly video and am not willing to go through all that.
    01-30-09 04:13 PM
    taking the phone apart is pretty easy if you have the right tools.

i read somewhere in the forums that the "chrome" sides are actually painted black plastic, so theoretically, you could just remove the chrome paint for the same effect.
    01-30-09 04:20 PM
    i read somewhere in the forums that the "chrome" sides are actually painted black plastic, so theoretically, you could just remove the chrome paint for the same effect.
    that's correct, I have a small nick on one of my corners, and you can see the black plastic.

been trying to figure out what to do in order to fix the look...
    01-30-09 04:42 PM
    you could go all black (use paint remover to remove the chrome) or you could order a new casing (chrome or black) from cnn.cn

but you know odds are it'll get nicked some more, so may be best to wait until it gets worse...and of course by then you probably won't care as much.

i know i tend to be alot more careful with/particular about a phone when it's brand new, but once the honeymoon's over...
    01-30-09 04:50 PM
    btw, here's how it would look in all black...it's OK
    01-30-09 05:06 PM
    it looks like a flat black color... i would like a black chrome look...
    01-30-09 05:16 PM
    looks kinda plain all black
    01-30-09 05:22 PM
    yeah compared to the 8900 it is very dull... could be a bad picture of it. Chrome black would look better
    01-30-09 05:51 PM
    i installed ghost armor on my phone the only places i didnt put was on the chrome. So i dropped the phone the other day and had huge gashes in it. So about 2 hours ago i decided to take some steel wool and take the chrome off. i pulled out the remaining pieces of ghost armor and applied them to wear the chrome used to be. All in all it looks like a brand new storm just all black.
    02-02-09 11:39 PM
    i installed ghost armor on my phone the only places i didnt put was on the chrome. So i dropped the phone the other day and had huge gashes in it. So about 2 hours ago i decided to take some steel wool and take the chrome off. i pulled out the remaining pieces of ghost armor and applied them to wear the chrome used to be. All in all it looks like a brand new storm just all black.
    common you know what is next....... where are the pictures? please take several
    02-03-09 12:26 AM
    you could go all black (use paint remover to remove the chrome) or you could order a new casing (chrome or black) from cnn.cn

but you know odds are it'll get nicked some more, so may be best to wait until it gets worse...and of course by then you probably won't care as much.

i know i tend to be alot more careful with/particular about a phone when it's brand new, but once the honeymoon's over...
    I know exactly what you mean!

I think you could take it to an original warranty store, and have them do it for ya..
    06-30-09 11:16 PM
    I just put a BLUE bezel on mine today....
    It was pretty easy.... the phone is simple to take apart... the hard part is peeling off all the stuff from the old bezel (speaker, lock/mute buttons, LED) But it was definitely worth it.

Here are some pics:

In my opinion, black or blue look way better than chrome.

PS: If you want to know where to get colored bezels (blue, red, orange, green, yellow, pink) I can link you.
    Last edited by trumansnare; 07-01-09 at 01:38 AM.
    07-01-09 01:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD