So i'm use'n my phone like normal... go to hit send on a text via two clicks of the black berry button...... and nothing happens.... =( replacement ordered.... Do you have any idea how hard it is to do ANYTHING with out that button..... ugh.........
    12-10-08 08:17 AM
    Sorry man... Wish you luck on a speedy replacement. Its a great device which makes it even more painful when its down.
    12-10-08 08:26 AM
    yeah replacement was 2day'd so i should have it tomorrow... hard to work with out that button!
    12-10-08 10:11 AM
    Good luck and welcome to CB.
    12-10-08 10:24 AM
    my replacement BB button is harder than **** to push and not very springy, it truly worries me more than my first phone with the non click screen only in the corners.
    12-10-08 10:39 AM
    I had the exact same problem and had to get a replacement device. I was able to do almost everything with out it.

If you need to send a text, type it as normal and then hide the keyboard by swiping down on it. Then you'll see a send button (2nd from the left).

It's annoying, but it'll work. Let me know if you need more help.
    12-10-08 10:48 AM
    how about adding a name to the to field.. how in the world do you do that?!?!
    12-10-08 12:24 PM
    Not sure what you mean.
    12-10-08 03:07 PM
    I think you are asking how do you add another contact to the "To" field without using the BB button... If thats the case, I don't think you need the BB button for that. Just click in the "To" field and type a contact name. Once the contact is there, click the name then click into the text field.
    12-10-08 03:24 PM
    the buttons on this device are so flimsy, weak it kills me. I want to be able to use the storm every day and not have to worry about it breaking.

My end key is almost falling off and my screen has to use both the business card trick and loosened screws for it to click right.

my replacement is on its way, but i'm soo carefuly with my phone, it's only been a few weeks and the phone feels this cheap... i dunno if a replacement will be the fix all.
    12-10-08 03:29 PM
    My BB button was barly working when I got mine on the 21st. I found a battery pull seemed to get it working better for awhile. Didn't want to get a replacement because everything else was perfect, none of the other problems. I hoped the update might help, but actually got worse until another battery pull. Finally ordered a replacement, hoping the new one is not worse!

Anyway, did you try a battery pull to get it working again?
    12-10-08 03:35 PM
    Did Verizon just send the replacement or did you have to go through insurance..?
    12-10-08 03:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD