Storm 9530 v5.0.0.328

My Storm touch screen has a mind of its own. For example, when I type and press the letter "L" it will highlight and enter the letter "F". If I select an icon in the top left of my home screen it will click on an icon on the other side of the screen and clearly not under my thumb. When a list of auto text selections comes up in landscape mode I can't select the second word on the list. When I try to scroll in the browser it automatically begins selecting text.

I am not a newbie to the device, I've owned it for over a year and have gotten around every bug possible with a battery pull. When I pull the battery now, I can send 3-4 texts/BBMs before the screen goes on the fritz and makes typing a coherent sentence literally impossible (happened every time after about 20 battery pulls). I took it into the store today and the rep reset the device to factory settings. The phone worked properly for a few hours before reverting back to its problematic ways.

Has anyone seen this before? Please help!
    12-29-09 09:35 PM
    Definitely Hardware issue, if its less than a year old, take it to any verizon store, and with no questions asked they should give you a new one.
    12-30-09 01:02 AM
    It's over a year old (I got it on the day the Storm was released). Any other way around this problem?
    12-30-09 07:44 AM
    Do you pay for the insurance? If you have it on your plan you may be able to get a replacement that way.
    12-30-09 09:05 AM
    I too think this is a hardware issue unfortunately. This sounds similar to what happens when the touchscreen monitors I test will not hold calibration.
    12-30-09 10:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD