Ok so I want to log into the BIS website the only issue is I don't know what my user name or password are. I called vzw, and obviously they were no help. I requested the password be sent to my phone and the email said "User name and password don't exist. Please use your device to access BlackBerry Internet Service." When I tried to create a new account I put in my PIN and MEID, the account says "An account already exists for this pin."

Any help from those that can log into the server? Maybe the user name is a phone number or an email or something?
    12-16-08 12:37 PM
    Did you setup your email initially on the device? If so, then your going to have to set up a new acct. Delete the email acct that you setup on your device and redo it on bberry's BIS site.
    12-16-08 12:39 PM
    Log on directly from your blackberry. From there you have to set it up in options or preferences to access from a computer then you will setup a user name and password. Hope this helps

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-16-08 12:40 PM
    Ok so I want to log into the BIS website the only issue is I don't know what my user name or password are. I called vzw, and obviously they were no help. I requested the password be sent to my phone and the email said "User name and password don't exist. Please use your device to access BlackBerry Internet Service." When I tried to create a new account I put in my PIN and MEID, the account says "An account already exists for this pin."

Any help from those that can log into the server? Maybe the user name is a phone number or an email or something?
    On the blackberry, goto Setup->Email setup, then hit the Blackberry key and there will be an option to "Create Username". Do that and you'll be able to log onto the BIS website.
    1oo1 likes this.
    12-16-08 12:41 PM
    I forgot to say you access this from you Setup folder then E mail settings

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-16-08 12:42 PM
    On the blackberry, goto Setup->Email setup, then hit the Blackberry key and there will be an option to "Create Username". Do that and you'll be able to log onto the BIS website.
    thank you, this is correct... Sorry as I posted useless information up top.
    12-16-08 12:44 PM
    I had the same issue and called vzw bb tech support and they set it up for me over the phone (I didn't know you could set it up from the device). After I got logged in I verified the email accounts I had setup on the phone.
    12-16-08 12:44 PM
    Were you previously using a BlackBerry device? If none of the other suggestions work, call Verizon and speak with technical support. If you still have your previous device PIN have them to look it up and see if it is connected to an account. If you didn't previously own a BlackBerry, have them look up your new device PIN to see if an account is associated with it. They should be able to reset your password or complete the setup of your BIS account.
    12-16-08 12:55 PM
    @garath ... Thats exactly what I needed to know. Thank you very much!
    12-16-08 01:07 PM
    i had the same problem and verizon customer service set it up for me.
    12-16-08 01:25 PM
    Garath. Thank God. I've been trying to figure this out for HOURS. Thank you thank you thank you.
    02-25-09 01:55 AM
    Hello

I'm having this problem too. I may be being stupid, but how do I delete the e-mail account to then re-add it?

Many thanks

Rob
    03-15-11 02:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD