they did not make it clear to me at all. I asked her my question and she changed it. She was very nice.
    03-25-09 12:35 PM
    ok, problem solved... as per my IT guy it is an exchange server... is this BIS vs BES stuff only for BBs? he has never had a BB and says he pays $30 for his data (same work email setup) with the Omnia.
    03-25-09 12:37 PM
    yes, RIM hosts an enterprise server to route your work's exchange server email through their network to your device. it's as close to real time as it gets with email. thats the main purpose of blackberries. and their security.
    03-25-09 12:51 PM
    yes, RIM hosts an enterprise server to route your work's exchange server email through their network to your device. it's as close to real time as it gets with email. thats the main purpose of blackberries. and their security.
    but my work email comes in 15 spurts... is this not normal for BES?

my personal gmail is within seconds, actually...i get it on my phone before i get it on the computer.
    03-25-09 12:54 PM
    but my work email comes in 15 spurts... is this not normal for BES?

my personal gmail is within seconds, actually...i get it on my phone before i get it on the computer.
    Your bes SHOULD be as fast as your personal email. If the work server is slow or RIMs enterprise server is slow then you will get that. I advise you contact your system administrator about your work email.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-25-09 01:21 PM
    Agree with patches152,

I think its best you do speak to your internal guys to find out exactly what you are on and what you should be on, doesn't appear to have been explained well to you.

BES should be very quick, in my experience its usually the personal emails ( BIS) that are slower, so when I log into some of our users accounts when we send test emails we can " poll now" which pings the emails through straight away, rather than waiting a few minutes. We do this for BIS users.
    03-25-09 01:42 PM
    thanks for your help
    03-25-09 01:45 PM
    Now I understand... kinda.
    03-26-09 10:20 PM
    BES= syncronizes your work calender, contacts, email. most larger companies have BES servers. if there is a question about it.. it is best to talk to your IT guy at work. (44.99)

BIS= can still get company email. but eliminates wireless syncronization. mostly for personal emails. ie. gmail, yahoo, hotmail. etc. (29.99)
    03-26-09 11:10 PM
    just wanted to update everyone that tried to help me... i just called verizon and switched from the 44.99 to the 29.99 just to test out if my work email would work... and it does... glad my job has been paying an extra $15 a month for almost a year now cuz no one knows anything around here
    03-28-09 09:11 AM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD