can someone help me out....i bought a verizon storm at best buy, had to get a plan in order to receive the phone for $199. i plan on paying the ETF after 30 days, but verizon sent me a bill. what should i do? as soon as i got my phone, i got it unlocked and configured for tmobile and have been using it ever since. i've never used anything on verizons' dime (minutes /texts/ bb plan). am i responsible for the bill as well?
    01-05-09 03:36 PM
    I think so since you had to sign up for a 2 year contract to get the phone at that price.
    01-05-09 03:39 PM
    can someone help me out....i bought a verizon storm at best buy, had to get a plan in order to receive the phone for $199. i plan on paying the ETF after 30 days, but verizon sent me a bill. what should i do? as soon as i got my phone, i got it unlocked and configured for tmobile and have been using it ever since. i've never used anything on verizons' dime (minutes /texts/ bb plan). am i responsible for the bill as well?
    Yes, you are responsible for your Verizon bill - as you signed a 2 year contract.
    01-05-09 03:40 PM
    You got a bill for the phone or a bill for the service?
    01-05-09 03:41 PM
    What is the amount on the bill? I dont remember but I think I was charged for the cell bill early. Regardless, you still have to pay for it.
    01-05-09 03:44 PM
    Why don't you call VZW and ask?
    They probably have the answer.
    01-05-09 03:45 PM
    you received a bill for service. if you haven't cancelled service, then what did you expect - that they'd know you weren't using the phone and therefore should not have to pay for access? just because you don't drive the car, doesn't mean you don't have to make the payment...

and usually the first bill is really high because nothing is paid up front for service. once you cancel it, then you won't be charged for future service (but you're still responsible for charges through the end of the bill cycle as per the customer agreement).
    01-05-09 03:47 PM
    Just cause you didn't use the phone doesn't mean you won't get a bill. Since you were gonna pay the termination fee, you should have done that the same day and the bill would have been smaller. Or better yet, just pay full retail $500, now I am sure it is gonna cost you more than that.
    01-05-09 03:47 PM
    Just cause you didn't use the phone doesn't mean you won't get a bill. Since you were gonna pay the termination fee, you should have done that the same day and the bill would have been smaller. Or better yet, just pay full retail $500, now I am sure it is gonna cost you more than that.
    $200+tax=approximately $215+$175 ETF=$390+cell bill. He's pretty much paying close to retail price of the phone. I would of just paid the full price of the phone and not have to go through all this bull.
    01-05-09 03:50 PM
    Would have done the same.
    01-05-09 03:54 PM
    $200+tax=approximately $215+$175 ETF=$390+cell bill. He's pretty much paying close to retail price of the phone. I would of just paid the full price of the phone and not have to go through all this bull.
    Would have done the same.
    01-05-09 03:55 PM
    Yes you are! $199 is the price with a 2 years contract. Best buy would charge you $699 if you woudn't do the 2 years agreement.

You can pay the bill and start using the phone for verizon or pay the bill and the $175 early termination fee.
    01-05-09 03:57 PM
    What is the amount on the bill? I dont remember but I think I was charged for the cell bill early. Regardless, you still have to pay for it.
    The lowest plan is $39.99 for 450 min plus the data (web/email) $29.99
    total of $60.00 plus taxes.

the best thing to do is cancel paying the eraly termination fee of $175 of cancel you t-mobile line...
    01-05-09 04:02 PM
    I feel no remorse for what the O.P. is going through. The first month has your first partial month to the end of the bill cycle and the next month's full plan for the month ahead. If you didn't cancel your service after you got the phone, then you screwed up and yes, you are responsible for the entire bill. Again, no remorse from me, sorry.
    01-05-09 05:32 PM
    The lowest plan is $39.99 for 450 min plus the data (web/email) $29.99
    total of $60.00 plus taxes.

the best thing to do is cancel paying the eraly termination fee of $175 of cancel you t-mobile line...
    So he's paying about $63-65 after taxes. So lets just make it $65 to make things even. So $390+65=$455, he's paying $450-460 (depending on tax. I calculated with 6%)
    01-05-09 05:37 PM
    Answers to FAQs

Verizon's Test Drive program will give you back a credit for certain charges of the bill, but only if you take the number to another cellular provider (and I'm not sure if the Test Drive program applies to people who signed up at Best Buy).
    01-05-09 05:40 PM
    not asking for remorse it was just an inquiry, no need to be mean
    01-05-09 06:53 PM
    i tried to do ask all the right questions before i did this, but in the end it's just an expensive lesson...oh well live and learn. thanks for the help
    01-05-09 07:00 PM
    1st...the test drive is only a way out if its under 30 days...and you have to return equipment...

if you got the phone at best buy...you will be charged retail for the phone. have fun.
    01-05-09 07:00 PM
    I thought if you cancel and keep the phone, you pay the etf plus get charged the whole price of the phone (or at least enough to make the total equal to the total price of a phone out of contract). They are not in the business of giving anyone a break on equipment. You may feel smart about trying to save 50 bucks or whatever, but you may want to be prepared to be F'd in the A by the big V. :-)
    01-05-09 07:21 PM
    Just take your licks and learn that cheating can have unpleasant side effects. There aren't any free rides, and this kind of thing is annoying to those of us that play fair. Do you work for free?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-05-09 07:44 PM
    Damn guys, you show no mercy. Lol. Who doesn't try to save a buck wherever and whenever they can? It just so happenned that it backfired.
    01-05-09 07:58 PM
    serves you right for signing a contract you have no intention of fufilling. Don't be a cheapskate and just buy the phone full retail next time
    01-05-09 08:06 PM
    In addition, if u cancel inside 30 days & don't return the equipment, u are billed for the full retail value of the equipment too.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-05-09 08:19 PM
    I thought if you cancel and keep the phone, you pay the etf plus get charged the whole price of the phone (or at least enough to make the total equal to the total price of a phone out of contract). They are not in the business of giving anyone a break on equipment. You may feel smart about trying to save 50 bucks or whatever, but you may want to be prepared to be F'd in the A by the big V. :-)
    the purpose of the etf is help cover the phone cost. VZW pays a subsidy to blackberry so you can get the phone at a reduced rate, and then recoups that money over time through the contract. If you cancel, they try to get some of the $ back through etf, but they won't charge you more for the phone.
    01-05-09 08:23 PM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD