Problem guys and gals.
    I get home, put my phone down on my desk. I get into bed, and look over at my phone...its starting to restart itself. Ok...i know this happens, so I dont bother it. I look over again, and its now the white screen of death!!

Says, in the worlds smallest font:
    JVM Error 545
    Reset

Ive seen this before, so I click it and it goes to the Blackberry load screen. Gets abotu 1/4 the way done, and then WHAM white screen is back. I do this dance 4-5 times so far, hoping it would do something. Nothing.
    I pulled the battery, walked away from it, put it back in, and then let it restat.
    After the same 1/4 load...white screen.

What can I do?
    03-06-10 12:38 AM
    Sounds like you need a fresh OS install. Hopefully you have created a backup file on your computer. If not, you may be sol. Connect to your pc and see if you can get desktop manager to recognize it. Create a backup file if possible. Install your OS of choice to your pc. Now wipe your device to 507 ( I use a program called blackberry Swiss army knife to do this) Plug your storm in, run app loader and see if that solves your problem.

If you've never done this before I'm sure that sounds like a lot. There are step by step guides on here that will walk you through the process. I suggest you read them carefully before you attempt what I'm suggesting.

Feel free to PM me for specific help if you need it. Good luck.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-06-10 08:17 AM
    Ahaha, yeah...sounds a bit nuts. I went to the verizon store today, and they said I could have a new storm if I wanted.

Ok, connected to DM right now. It doesnt recognize my phone at all, but I do have a few files backed up. Since it doesnt recognize the phone as anything, it wont do anything....
    Last edited by BigAls87Z28; 03-06-10 at 04:45 PM.
    03-06-10 04:42 PM
    Alright, went to VZ with my laptop and had it fixed.
    I guess we did a total wipe, but now there is no application center, no email (yet it knows my email address) it just sends it to the general "messages" section.
    BBM is gone as well.
    I guess Ill have to go in there one at a time to fix it?
    03-06-10 07:12 PM
    All is well. Thanks to Lewis @ Verizon Wireless in Ocean, NJ.
    03-06-10 08:09 PM
    Thanks phillyphreak works now (had the same problem)
    03-07-10 02:13 PM
    Knowledge" Is A Great Tool.

All the answers are here,CB ( I guess im lazy to research )

Lol

03-07-10 03:59 PM
    Thanks phillyphreak works now (had the same problem)
    No problem. I learned everything I know here on this site from helpful members so any opportunity I get to help others I am more than happy to do it.

03-08-10 09:01 AM
    Alright, went to VZ with my laptop and had it fixed.
    I guess we did a total wipe, but now there is no application center, no email (yet it knows my email address) it just sends it to the general "messages" section.
    BBM is gone as well.
    I guess Ill have to go in there one at a time to fix it?
    Check to make sure that your email folder is not hidden...sometimes when the storm boots up it will hide the primary address folder for some reason.

if you are referring to application center (don't worry about it, the app center is garbage anyways) If you are talking about BB App World then try reinstalling it from Download BlackBerry App World (from your phone's browser)

As for BB messenger, I don't use it so I can not help you there...good luck with the other stuff though!

mike
    03-09-10 12:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD