10-17-08 06:50 AM
    Can any of you say Storms DADDY????

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-17-08 07:38 AM
    Can any of you say Storms DADDY????

if it is anything like the picture, it would actually be the storms offspring...after it mated with a bold
    10-17-08 08:44 AM
    Yeah, I won't be going to a smaller screen phone after the Storm so this doesn't matter to me.
    10-17-08 08:46 AM
    Say what you want. The Storm doesn't compare...

10-17-08 09:25 AM
    Yeah, I won't be going to a smaller screen phone after the Storm so this doesn't matter to me.
    Ditto that notabun. I've had a hard time swallowing the drop from 3.5 to 3.25 (iPhone to Storm) in screen size... but the increase in resolution is what's keeping me hopeful. I just do not see how you can effectively web browse on a Bold sized screen.
    10-17-08 09:32 AM
    I will always want the largest screen possible, while maintaining a convenient form factor. If the Storm's keyboard works as well as it's said to, then I think QWERTY button phones will be obsolete for me. I know others might still want them though.
    10-17-08 09:35 AM

so its not just going to be a storm with a keyboard? there are other enhancements?

the people at rim are geniuses! instead of coming back at apple by just releasing a touchscreen blackberry, they decided to release a touchscreen blackberry, and a billion other devices to appeal to as many people as possible. what a great way to really slap apple.
    10-17-08 09:42 AM

Hi CX...

I have NO BB experience at all and maybe you can explain it... how can a small "Bold sized" screen (assuming the Magnum will have something comparable) compare to something like the Storm or iPhone? Even on the iPhone when it's rendering Crackberry pages, the print is so small in some places that you can't see it. Yeah, of course you can zoom in but it's far more convenient if you can just SEE the pages.

I'm having a hard enough time waiting for the Storm!!
    10-17-08 09:43 AM
    Sorry man, I cannot say. But you all will see what I'm talking about in due time....

10-17-08 09:54 AM
    Sorry man, I cannot say. But you all will see what I'm talking about in due time....

Maybe if you flip the device over there is a 4" screen waiting on the other side. That would be the only thing that would make it better lol
    10-17-08 10:00 AM

Understood. Well then, perhaps the Magnum will be my next NE2 phone. For the time being I'm getting the Storm. I can't imagine waiting until Gods-know-when for the Magnum.

Although the name is very cool

I can see the ad for it now.

"I know what you're thinking. 'Did he send six emails or only five?' Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is the new Blackberry Magnum, the most powerful smartphone in the world, you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, punk?"
    10-17-08 10:01 AM
    I think that device is aimed at the Treo users.

10-17-08 10:06 AM
    @notabun, if you think only a bigger screen makes something better more power to you. In my opinion, more overall memory, more memory for app, better screen resolution-HD quality, much better processor, wifi, and a few others makes a device better regardless of the screen size. And that's not to say there is or isn't a difference in screen size...

10-17-08 10:13 AM
    CX, are you still testing a Storm?
    10-17-08 10:20 AM
    sounds like he's over the storm and on to our next obession
    10-17-08 10:22 AM
    well if he is off the storm, that's good because he talked before when he still had one that a release had to be further out otherwise he would have had to turn the device back in
    10-17-08 10:27 AM
    @notabun, if you think only a bigger screen makes something better more power to you. In my opinion, more overall memory, more memory for app, better screen resolution-HD quality, much better processor, wifi, and a few others makes a device better regardless of the screen size. And that's not to say there is or isn't a difference in screen size...

I'm sure with the next large screen touch phone will have better everything else too.

What good is HD on like a 2.5" screen?

It's ok though. I know some people still don't care about large screens, but I think the success of the iPhone and soon to be success of the Storm will be proof that the mass majority wants the big screens.

I think all companies are going larger and larger. HTC Touch HD anyone?
    10-17-08 10:33 AM

ohhhhh no, here we go again LOL
    10-17-08 10:37 AM
    I notice his device model number moved from 95xx to 9xxx. Hes testing SOMETHING, I'm willing to bet its no longer a Storm though.

Also, I believe RIM is putting a lot of faith in this new "Click-Through" touchscreen if they are already implementing it in other devices. Therefore, I doubt the click-screen is something we have to worry about.
    Last edited by Kill3r.Conc3ptz; 10-17-08 at 11:31 AM.
    10-17-08 11:27 AM
    I notice his device model number moved from 95xx to 9xxx. Hes testing SOMETHING, I'm willing to bet its no longer a Storm though.

Also, I believe RIM is putting a lot of faith in this new "Click-Through" touchscreen if they are already implementing it in other devices. Therefore, I doubt the click-screen is something we have to worry about.
    I think that you are right. Click-Through would seem to be a step forward since it allows a tactile keyboad and a screen. It would also seem to be water resistant.
    10-17-08 11:37 AM
    Excellent first the condoms I use now the name of my next bb.

Breakin out my Magnum will soon have new meaning.

10-17-08 02:25 PM
    I can't remember which of the storm articles it was but RIM were developing click through as the evolution of the pearl. So I expect most of their phones will probably move to touch eventually.
    10-17-08 04:32 PM
    Whatever. I'm getting the Storm this November and if VZW decides to pick up a device like the one picture at the link, I think it'll be at least a year away so either way I can pick it up with my annual upgrade! But only if it's 'that' much better than the Storm.
    10-17-08 05:18 PM

you *******, i bet you have all the 9xxx series phones just chillin at ur house
    10-17-08 05:47 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD