So I was messing around my Storm, loading random OS files on there and plainly having fun like i've done with 'berrys in the past. I tried to load 151, and somehow during that, messed the phone up. Now my phone is permanently stuck in "BlackBerry Platform 4.0.0.186."

The phone is now useless, and only lists Address Book, Brick Breaker, Calculator, Call Log, Compose, Global Search, Media, Memopad, Music, Net_rim_bb_clock, Options, Saved Messages, SetupMessages, SetupWizard, Sheet to go, Slideshow to go, Voice Dialaing, VoiceNotesRecorder, and Word to Go. But the crazy thing is that all those are listed ala the Option menu layout. I mean white screen, basic black lettering just like the option menu. I can still make phone calls, but can't receive them.

I've tried to connect the phone, but it won't recognize being plugged in, and the computers won't recognize it either. I've tried the "fix a nuked berry" and it won't work even though I've tried to numerous times.

I took it to Verizon today, and while they said the wipe berry option was there, I have never been able to find it, and the associate wouldn't show me where he "found it" on the menus, mostly because I highly doubt he found it. He said to give him an hour and it would be fine. Two hours later it was still sitting on his desk as he uploaded other phones. So I snagged my phone and got out of there. Any help?
    07-13-09 02:22 AM
    LOL, we (myself and a BlackBerry Technical Advisor) actually did this to my Storm a few days after I got it.

If you haven't already done so, use JL_CMDER to wipe the phone so that you get the 507 error. You can then use the Loader.exe file to get the OS back on your phone.

If you have already tried this, let us know. Or if you had any problems getting JL_CMDER to wipe the phone, let us know at what step it's not working.
    07-13-09 02:36 AM
    try rebooting your PC, also try another PC, then try taking the batt out, connecting it to your PC, when the no batt comes up, put the batt in and run JL Cmdr or BBSAK, both wipe, be at the screen to wipe right as you put the batt in.
    07-13-09 11:04 AM
    on device wipe is under

Options / Security Options / General Setting / Menu / Wipe Handheld.
    07-13-09 11:10 AM
    I took it to Verizon today, and while they said the wipe berry option was there, I have never been able to find it, and the associate wouldn't show me where he "found it" on the menus, mostly because I highly doubt he found it. He said to give him an hour and it would be fine. Two hours later it was still sitting on his desk as he uploaded other phones. So I snagged my phone and got out of there. Any help?
    Options-->Secuity Options-->General Settings-->(BB Menuu)Wipe Handheld. The 9530 Manual included on the CD has a lot of valuable information. The manual is also available on the BlackBerry web site.
    07-13-09 11:12 AM
    Sorry about your phone has anything worked for you yet.
    07-13-09 11:35 AM
    LOL, we (myself and a BlackBerry Technical Advisor) actually did this to my Storm a few days after I got it.

If you haven't already done so, use JL_CMDER to wipe the phone so that you get the 507 error. You can then use the Loader.exe file to get the OS back on your phone.

If you have already tried this, let us know. Or if you had any problems getting JL_CMDER to wipe the phone, let us know at what step it's not working.
    I'll try that right now. I'm glad to know I can now mess up a phone on par with a Blackberry Technical Advisor though!

try rebooting your PC, also try another PC, then try taking the batt out, connecting it to your PC, when the no batt comes up, put the batt in and run JL Cmdr or BBSAK, both wipe, be at the screen to wipe right as you put the batt in.
    on device wipe is under

Options / Security Options / General Setting / Menu / Wipe Handheld.
    I can't even get to the "General Setting" Screen. It's not there.

Sorry about your phone has anything worked for you yet.
    JL is working on it right now, hopefully it works.

Thanks for the help, my 'berry and I appreciate it.
    07-13-09 01:21 PM
    Okay I tried to get the JL to wipe the device, but its not working. I select four, hit yes to wipe, type in "blackberry" hit enter and it tries to connect to the device, then goes back to the main menu. The phone is fubar'd LOL
    07-13-09 01:32 PM
    when u plug in your BB to the PC, does it connect properly or show a little gray logo in the system tray that when hovered over says unregonizeable usb device?

Just wondering.
    07-13-09 01:37 PM
    By any chance did u have a non-default theme installed when u loaded .151. Also that white screen sounds like u deleted the default zen theme. Try reading the thread on restoring a bricked blackberry, you'll find a lot of good info there.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-13-09 02:39 PM
    Alright guys and gals.

gdoggmil04, yeah I did have a non default theme, which from what I've read caused a lot of my problems. I wiped with JL a couple times and finally I got the security option menus to come up for a wipe that way as well. Doing all of that allowed my computer to reconize the phone hooked up to a USB port, and also allowed JL to delete everything. My phone is back, and running 151 pretty well. I just have to go back and reinstall my apps from the back up a made a couple days ago and all should be well again.

Thanks a lot, I have a working Storm again!
    07-13-09 07:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD