I been dealing with this same problem. Color coded appts. on month view. The Palm device calendars do this with the same size screens. It is a software issue. I wish I could write software. I think someone could add this option fairly easily. I rely heavily on this feature. To get a quick view of the appts. for the month. It is very frustrating. And even the 3rd party software, like Agendus and Pocket Informant don't seem to have this simple thing either.
    I love my 8820 but hate the poor calendar.

Does anyone know of another calendar software out there besides Agendus and Pocket Informant?
    01-07-09 07:45 AM
    I could definitely see color-coding of appointments to be useful...

One color for work appointments...
    another color for personal appointments...
    A third color for work appointments outside of regular office hours.
    Red appointments for URGENT items
    Green appointments for minor recurring things, like birthdays and anniversaries.

EDIT: Even if the weekly or monthly view couldn't show the text (and I agree with other posters that the text would just be too small to be useful), the little hash-marks on the calendar could be colored based on the color you assigned to the appointment.

Also, we have this great touch/click interface. Would be nice if developers used it.

In the monthly view...touch the day and it highlights right now, click it and it goes to daily view of that day. Would be nice if it did something like...touch and hold on a day and you get a pop-up with the Agenda view for that day...just a quick run-down of that day's appointments.
    Last edited by Habious; 01-07-09 at 10:36 AM.
    01-07-09 10:33 AM
    When I had my Palm Treo, I used a calendar program called DateBK6. This program only works for Palm, but the developer is working on a new program that should be released soon called Pimlical that will be available on "versions for most handhelds & smartphones (including Windows Mobile, BlackBerry, Android, possibly iPhone (if Apple changes some of its policies) etc.)."

Whn it comes out, if it is anything like DateBk, and the developer says it will be like DateBk but even more powerful, it will be what I will get.

Right now it is available only as a desktop version and only for the Palm platform. Hopefully it will be available for the BlackBerry soon!

Pimlico Software
    01-07-09 01:15 PM
    You might also want to check out Pocket Day, which is another PIM application, at pocketday.com. They just put out a beta for the storm.
    On other models, on the month view you can highlight each day and there will be a list of appointments for that day below the calendar.

Month view doesn't include tasks, although the week and today views include tasks and appointments.

There is a 15-day free trial I believe.
    02-02-09 02:13 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD