I plan on soon becoming a proud storm owner and was just wondering where the best place was to buy my storm. Right now I am one year through my contract and can get the Storm for $99 at Verizon.com but I have read about a $50 deal on Amazon.

So where and when in NEAR future is the best place to buy a new Storm?
    08-13-09 01:13 PM
    I plan on soon becoming a proud storm owner and was just wondering where the best place was to buy my storm. Right now I am one year through my contract and can get the Storm for $99 at Verizon.com but I have read about a $50 deal on Amazon.

So where and when in NEAR future is the best place to buy a new Storm?
    Since you're a Verizon customer the best way to get it would be for $99.00 through Verizon. That means you get 30 days to try it out and if you're not happy you can exchange for a different phone.
    08-13-09 01:16 PM
    Since you're a Verizon customer the best way to get it would be for $99.00 through Verizon. That means you get 30 days to try it out and if you're not happy you can exchange for a different phone.
    Didnt even think of that. That is probably really important for the Storm.

I wish I knew when the Storm 2 was coming out so I could give up the Storm for the 2 if it gets good reviews.
    08-13-09 01:33 PM
    I'm thinking storm2 will be out before the end of the year. IF you can wait, I would get the storm 2. Should be pretty cool.

Usually the places like amazon.com advertise their prices for NEW customers. I'm not too sure if they'll accept the 1 year early upgrade.

To each his own. Hope you enjoy whatever you decide on getting whenever you decide getting it!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-13-09 02:28 PM
    wait...at this point in the Storm game...u only have 3-4 months left.
    08-13-09 02:45 PM
    I just hear Storm 2 isn't going to be released until 2010. That's more then a few months and there was no specific month given. My source was somewhere from someone, which is just as good as anybody elses.

And from the demo I saw here on Crackberry my thought is, "what's the big deal?" Sure I'll get one when my contract allows me to but it didn't look like it was the best thing since sliced bread.

The video I saw was running a 4.7 OS on it.
    08-13-09 02:59 PM
    I just hear Storm 2 isn't going to be released until 2010. That's more then a few months and there was no specific month given. My source was somewhere from someone, which is just as good as anybody elses.

And from the demo I saw here on Crackberry my thought is, "what's the big deal?" Sure I'll get one when my contract allows me to but it didn't look like it was the best thing since sliced bread.

The video I saw was running a 4.7 OS on it.
    You sure on the 4.7?? I was understanding that the OS will need to be on a platform of 4.3 because it will have wifi. I could be wrong but I couldnt imagion 4.7 supported the wifi feature but really we will never know till it comes out.
    08-13-09 03:09 PM
    If you are new the best place is best buy $50 bucks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-13-09 05:21 PM
    Dont. Wait until Storm 2 hits...

Example1: You will either fall in love with it and be screwed into paying a full price because you already got the storm1 for 2 years
    or..
    example2: Storm2 hits, storm1 drastically falls in price, and since you still love the storm1, and there are certain aspects of #2 you dont like.. You just got a helluva deal, unlike me who got it day1 and paid out the @$$... :doh:
    08-13-09 06:34 PM
    Im going to get my Storm for 100 on Aug 25 then hope after 29 days Storm 2 will be out and I send back the Storm and get the Storm 2. I have a "dumb"phone right now its horrible.

Hope my plan works.
    08-14-09 01:46 AM
    so time better then now... and you should just get it from VZW, especially if you are eligible for an upgrade
    08-14-09 02:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD