I am a bby user on att. I am wondering who has negotiated the best deal w vzw when switching. I am thinking to buy the storm but do not want to be locked into this handset for 2 years. If they come out w a new one a year from now with wifi & trackball I don't want to pay $500 for it. Thanks..
    11-30-08 03:34 PM
    Just sign a 1 year contract then. $319 + $50 mail in rebate I believe is what it comes out to.
    11-30-08 03:56 PM
    Just wondering... what's the point of a trackball on a touchscreen? If you want a trackball, wouldn't you just get a curve/bold/pearl?
    11-30-08 04:20 PM
    When I used the storm the other day for 2 hours I thought it the navigation would have been much easier had a trackball been included. There were many menus where it was hard for me to select using the touch. Plus it takes more time to move my hand around all over the screen then to use the trackball for functions like this..
    11-30-08 04:35 PM
    When I used the storm the other day for 2 hours I thought it the navigation would have been much easier had a trackball been included. There were many menus where it was hard for me to select using the touch. Plus it takes more time to move my hand around all over the screen then to use the trackball for functions like this..
    Then just get the Blackberry Bold.
    11-30-08 05:23 PM
    Best Buy doesn't make you do the mail-in rebate. They offer an instant $50 rebate which saves you the hassle.
    11-30-08 05:28 PM
    I order my storm and got it pretty cheap. About 50 bucks with tax

New every two deal, main account holder can actually get a new phone every year which equals 100 off
    New two year contract since I prefer verizon over other carriers
    Corporate discount which is higher then my vip discount and a discount plus free extended warranty thanks to my amex.

249-100=149-50=99-50+tax=~50

Don't you love discounts. Too bad I have to wait until the 15th til I get mine but its worth it for me

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-30-08 05:39 PM
    wow - that's a great deal
    12-01-08 07:21 PM
    The only touchscreen with trackball I've seen is the G1.
    12-01-08 07:23 PM

The use cursor mode. It takes a second to get used to, but it allows you to click on those small links that your finger cant get.
    12-01-08 07:30 PM
    A simple tab button on the keyboard would make a huge difference.
    12-01-08 07:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD