I bought the 10 dollar a month plan with best buy and they fix any type of damage to your phone. even if you plan to stick it down someone's throat because your phone is pissing you off so much. The plan sounds perfect until you hear that they take your phone away from 14-20 days so that they can send it to a different location to fix your phone... I have dust underneath my screen, it's a manufacture defect. you should give me a new phone. i dont want to wait 14-20 days for you to look at my phone and tell me that my phone has a messed up screen that lets dust in. sorry for ranting everyone. Im pissed at best buy cuz they are taking so long and even more so pissed at RIM for producing a phone that they should have called the swiffer cuz it attracts more dust under the screen than a damn swiffer wipe does.
    05-05-09 07:08 PM
    There were some threads on home remedies to get the dust out... don't know if you tried it or not.. but i feel you. I got mine from Best Buy as well... ill just continue knocking on wood for good luck.
    05-05-09 07:11 PM
    Call 611 and explain to them the problem. Could do a exchange over the phone. But they will suggest getting it looked at the VZW store.
    05-05-09 07:11 PM
    $10 a month?!?!
    05-05-09 07:13 PM
    yea i decided that 10 dollars a month for being allowed to exchange my phone for up to 4 times was worth it cuz im stuck with this phone for 2 years. maybe i should have tried verizon's plan. isnt it 50 dollar deductible for a new phone? is there a cap on the number of times u can switch?
    05-05-09 07:26 PM
    $10 a month?!?!
    Wow, One is born every minute....
    05-05-09 07:28 PM
    Tell best buy to suck it. You have a manufacturers warranty to cover that. From the sound of it, verizons insurance sounds more convenient.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-05-09 07:42 PM
    apparently its not a manufacturer defect. even those us storm users know it is a defect on rims part
    05-05-09 07:56 PM
    I just got my replacement phone from Verizon today for dust. Took it to the store on Friday. The girl looked at it, asked her boss if this was covered under warranty. He typed something into the computer. Said, yup right here. She ordered me a new one. No fancy warranty/insurance hassles. 4 days later (weekend slowed down the process) I have a new phone.
    05-05-09 09:17 PM
    apparently its not a manufacturer defect. even those us storm users know it is a defect on rims part

defect on rim's part = manufacturer's defect

lol
    05-05-09 09:59 PM
    Don't buy things from best buy! Haha they have terrible warranties.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-05-09 10:20 PM
    Im pissed at best buy cuz they are taking so long and even more so pissed at RIM for producing a phone that they should have called the swiffer cuz it attracts more dust under the screen than a damn swiffer wipe does.
    Sorry I cannot stop laughing. I can see the commercial now. Some housewife texting near a dust filled bookcase as the dust magically enters the screen of the Storm, errr Swiffer.
    05-05-09 10:31 PM
    Best Buy's replacement plan for electronics is horrible. But if you do get the SAME phone fixed more then (i want to say 5 times but i am not positive) they will let you upgrade to a newer phone. Or atleast that is how they do it with Ipods.
    05-06-09 02:23 PM
    i think its 4 times but hey ill just send it in again and again when the storm 2 comes out.
    05-06-09 07:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD