I am quite confussed. I went to my local Best Buy today which I have my pre-order at and asked the sales person if the 16th is still their release date for the Storm. He looked at his most recent email and still was confirmed that the 16th is the release date and they would have them in stores that day.

On the other hand VZW says that it is the 23rd because of software issues. So I would like to know why Best Buy does not recognize this or is it that BB Corporate has not informed them yet?
    11-09-08 11:07 AM
    I am quite confussed. I went to my local Best Buy today which I have my pre-order at and asked the sales person if the 16th is still their release date for the Storm. He looked at his most recent email and still was confirmed that the 16th is the release date and they would have them in stores that day.

On the other hand VZW says that it is the 23rd because of software issues. So I would like to know why Best Buy does not recognize this or is it that BB Corporate has not informed them yet?
    Yeah that is weird. I wonder if Bestbuy is keeping up the front so they acquire more pre-orders.
    11-09-08 11:14 AM
    I went last night to BB and they told me the 14th was the date they had.
    11-09-08 11:32 AM
    it is like when there is a new video game coming out, on the presale it say xx/xx date. but online it says the day has been pushed off a couple weeks. They dont care they just want a sale. BTW I do not know what the official release date is for the phone in either case, but it is possible they have not been updated or are purposely not updating you.
    11-09-08 11:35 AM
    Did you guys see the Storm TV commercial where the guy turns it over and starts typing on it? Still no date but it was cool. Just saw it this morning on Comedy Central.
    11-09-08 11:43 AM
    I saw that same commercial this morning also.
    11-09-08 12:03 PM
    It's one of a few things:

1) Best Buy trying to get sales and isn't saying it has been pushed back. Most people pre-ordering know that the date isn't concrete anyway
    2) Best Buy hasn't been informed and all pre orders will get a call in the next week or so saying to expect a slightly longer wait
    3) Best Buy will be releasing it a week or so early and making their customers "guinea pigs" for blackberry and verizon to catch any mistakes before releasing to their "cash cow" customers that go through the actual verizon store.
    11-09-08 12:04 PM
    it is like when there is a new video game coming out...
    Please don't compare the storm to video game releases. I have seen those delayed months and sometimes even years with constant promises of release. That would be bad indeed
    11-09-08 12:08 PM
    It's one of a few things:

1) Best Buy trying to get sales and isn't saying it has been pushed back. Most people pre-ordering know that the date isn't concrete anyway
    2) Best Buy hasn't been informed and all pre orders will get a call in the next week or so saying to expect a slightly longer wait
    3) Best Buy will be releasing it a week or so early and making their customers "guinea pigs" for blackberry and verizon to catch any mistakes before releasing to their "cash cow" customers that go through the actual verizon store.
    #3 is definately NOT happening.
    11-09-08 02:19 PM
    I talked to my local best buy (Akron, Ohio) today and they assured me that they certainly do not have an official release date. He did say that it should be November.
    11-09-08 02:35 PM
    #3 is definately NOT happening.
    I threw that in mostly as a joke.

I still don't understand why Best Buy customers think they'll get the phone before the ACTUAL COMPANY. It just doesn't logically make sense. I dunno, we'll see, I just can't see the actual Verizon store getting the phone AFTER a 3rd party retailer. Just feels like wishful thinking by those who preordered from Best Buy.
    11-09-08 03:09 PM
    These pretzels are makin' me thirsty.
    11-09-08 03:18 PM
    I talked to my local best buy (Akron, Ohio) today and they assured me that they certainly do not have an official release date. He did say that it should be November.
    I went to my local Best Buy in Yorba Linda to check out the dummy model. Though they didnt have one available, the clerk said the dummy will be available by next week, followed the week after with the real deal. The most I could get out of him was a Nov release date. Anyway, is it possible to be a BB addict before even owning one? I am addicted to my wifes Curve, and my first BB will be with the Storm. It like having a ferrari as your first car!
    11-09-08 03:21 PM
    I'd agree that they keep saying the 16th (I'm still dreaming it's true), but I think they want to get the $$$ in their hands. Then if/when it is delayed (or if they get it after VZ) they know some you/us will keep waiting. I;ve got my name in at a vz corp store, an authorized retailer( vz only store), and on telesales rep list to call, so whoever gets it to me first.
    11-09-08 03:24 PM
    I have no idea why people continue to patronize Best Buy.
    11-09-08 03:56 PM
    HI, I am a Mobile Manager at Best Buy in Charlotte and I am sorry for the confusion that is goign on with the release dates. But to fill you in, look for a Nov. 23rd launch date. Just remember none of the dates are concrete but the 16th date was pushed back. Whats funny is on our pre order sheets it says the pre-order expires on the 24th. Which hints for a release date some time before 24th I would assume lol.
    11-09-08 04:08 PM
    HI, I am a Mobile Manager at Best Buy in Charlotte and I am sorry for the confusion that is goign on with the release dates. But to fill you in, look for a Nov. 23rd launch date. Just remember none of the dates are concrete but the 16th date was pushed back. Whats funny is on our pre order sheets it says the pre-order expires on the 24th. Which hints for a release date some time before 24th I would assume lol.
    question for ye

so if i can get the storm thru VZW @$50 after my NE2 and $50 employee discount will u match the difference plus 10%? so if u have it advertised for $200 w/ 2yr contract then u'll give me the phone for $35 correct? (110% the difference)
    11-09-08 04:52 PM
    Called the BestBuy where I made the reservation and spoke to someone in the Mobile Deptartment. She told me they just got word that the date was pushed back, to the week of Thanksgiving, but she couldnt be sure on the exact date as nobody is telling them much of anything right now.
    11-09-08 05:21 PM
    These pretzels are makin' me thirsty.
    These pretzels are making me thirsty
    11-09-08 05:49 PM
    Can someone explain to me any pros or cons of getting it at Best Buy versus Verizon?

Would I go to Best Buy for support or still to Verizon? Or is the only fuss about who's going to get it first? Thanks.
    11-09-08 08:01 PM
    bump so that I can get this question cleared up. Thanks.
    11-10-08 12:28 PM
    I just went to Best Buy yesterday to reserve my Storm and they were telling me it would be out on the 16th at Best Buy stores and the 15th at Verizon. I even had to set up a time to when I would come in to pick it up. He also said I was the first he has seen to actually come in and reserve it. Maybe I'll refund my reserve and just pick it up in store at verizon if there isn't much of a demand where I live.
    11-10-08 01:56 PM
    Ok, now that we have new updated information since the last post on this thread. I was wondering....

If bestbuy is selling the phone on 11/21/08 which is the same as verizon and the phone is only 199.99 because of the instant rebate over the mail-in when purchasing at a verizon store. Also, by pre-ordering with a $50.00 deposit to guarantee you a storm on 11/21 why isent everyone jumping on this???

Also, I am eligible for upgrade. Will Best buy Be able to honor my NE2 credit??

I guess im trying to figure out why everyone is not jumping over the bestbuy pre-order. Instead there are people camping out 6 days in advance...
    11-15-08 05:05 PM
    Most BestBuys are no longer taking pre-orders because they arent sure if they will be able to fill them. They will giving them to people who have pre-orders on the 21st.
    11-15-08 05:26 PM
    I pre-ordered a week ago,i called BB last night to find out when they're getting them. The guy i talked to said the 21st and would i like to set up my appointment. I got it set up @ 10am on the 21st. Hope he knows what he's talking about.
    11-15-08 05:37 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD