For those who even THINK of suggesting a different phone: Die in a fire.

Basically Sometimes I find that it would be nice to be able to have multiple tabs, and maybe something that renders a tad faster. My S1 will obviously NOT get BB6, so I should probably be looking for a third party.

here's what i'm looking for, in order of priority:

1. limited memory leakage/small footprint
    2. tabbed browsing
    3. native UI. Opera mini for my Samsung dumphone popped up this really weird input page which was painful to use. and Surepress would be nice
    4. server-side rendering would be nice

So, what do you think would be the best solution?
    thanks.
    Last edited by grahamf; 05-13-10 at 10:48 PM.
    05-13-10 10:41 PM
    Neither Bolt or Opera use Surepress. I think Bolt is a smaller file. Memory usage will depend on the browser setting, like image quality and such. I personally prefer Bolt. I like the desktop style "full" webpage experience better. Opera seems a little buggy. Opera might be quicker, especially if it loads the mobile site. They both have the option to be used as the default browser. Bolt requires a 2nd addon download for that. I use both, so when I click a link i get a popup asking which to load through: Native borwser, Opera or Bolt. Very nice.

I recommend both Opera and Bolt.
    05-13-10 10:50 PM
    well... I'll try them both again, but they seem to be not very well made for the Storm (then again I tried them out when the Storm fist arrived).
    05-13-10 10:55 PM
    Well, I tried them both, and Opera mini wins by a landslide, because it's more touchscreen friendly and native.
    I wish it wasn't designed to be EXACTLY like the iPhone version though, as it would be nice if it used the native options.

how do i set it as default?
    05-13-10 11:20 PM
    Googleing and I cannot find ANYTHING about setting Opera as default, save for a lousy article that appears to have been done by someone that hasn't used a BB.

help?
    05-14-10 12:09 AM
    It is built in. Most, but not all, links should launch Opera when you click them.
    05-14-10 12:21 AM
    I'm trying viigo and it doesn't work.
    05-14-10 12:27 AM
    i don't know, i don't use Viigo. Try an email link or twitter or something. It is built in, but like i said, it doesn't always work.
    05-14-10 01:00 AM
    I believe Viigo is set to launch the original BB browser no matter what. But apps that display web links that show a menu when clicked usually have a "Open in Opera Mini" option. SocialScope is one that does it off the top of my head.
    05-14-10 01:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD