im getting the s1 tomorrow in the mail from verizon (its for free so i figured why not) and im curious as to what the best browser is for the storm as well as any other helpful applications and whatnot, thanks!!
    09-28-09 01:15 PM
    You really have to try them all yourself. Bolt and opera both have their downsides just like the native browser. Spend a day or two with each one and then figure out which quirks bother you the least. IMO the native browser works best.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-28-09 01:21 PM
    I have to agree my votes for the native browser also. But everyone has their own perfrences

09-28-09 01:23 PM
    You really have to try them all yourself. Bolt and opera both have their downsides just like the native browser. Spend a day or two with each one and then figure out which quirks bother you the least. IMO the native browser works best.

+1 Since there are only 2 others them why not just try them?
    09-28-09 01:28 PM
    I'm looking forward to skyfire going beta, unfortunately that could be a few months away yet
    09-28-09 01:29 PM
    I use native for most browsing but I use bolt for mafia wars.

09-28-09 01:31 PM
    Native here!

Don't miss the Storm OTA Apps thread from our 3rd Party Apps sub forum. Or the 3rd Party Apps list from the mobile site http://m.crackberry.com.

Also check out my PK & Friends Tips and Tricks thread listed in my signature as well as other threads from our Tips, How To, and FAQ sub forum here.
    09-28-09 01:44 PM
    Not tried the others, but I'm just fine with the native browser... all I can find that is wrong with it is there's no tabbed browsing, but I can get over it...
    09-28-09 02:14 PM
    Not tried the others, but I'm just fine with the native browser... all I can find that is wrong with it is there's no tabbed browsing, but I can get over it...
    tabbed browsing is coming with 5.0, or so we have heard (and seen once).
    09-28-09 02:34 PM
    I've used Opera Mini 5.0 for a week there are pros and cons.
    Pros - tabs, loads after than native browser, thumbnail bookmarks, virtual keyboard, and see address bar on top.
    Cons - Can't use it to download and install apps, if you're not using virtual keyboard and want click backspace (delete) it will delete everything in that section, doesn't run as smoothly as native.

I use native. When Mini Opera fixes bugs and comes out of beta, I will use that instead.
    09-28-09 02:43 PM
    tabbed browsing is coming with 5.0, or so we have heard (and seen once).
    we've seen? I know it's supposed to but someone's seen it?
    09-28-09 03:09 PM
    The native browser is the one for me. Every other one I've played with is a pain in the ****. There always seems to be something that doesn't work on certain sites.
    09-28-09 03:37 PM
    Gotta go native. Opera and Bolt are cute but far too buggy for me.

09-28-09 03:57 PM
    I use Opera Mini 5 for checking news and stuff since it's so much quicker for me than the native browser. For example, woot.com took 15 seconds to load on the native browser, and it took 4 in Opera Mini 5. Obviously if you need to download something, native is the only choice. As far the backspace/delete bug, I just press backspace and then press whatever key I needed to press and it works just fine. It won't delete the entire line that way.

I hadn't use Bolt much to give a comment.

Everyone has their personal preferences!
    09-28-09 04:21 PM
    My vote goes to opera mini

09-28-09 04:24 PM
    we've seen? I know it's supposed to but someone's seen it?
    Tabbed browsing was in OS 5.0.0.141
    09-28-09 04:31 PM
    Oh...I wondered lol

09-28-09 04:54 PM
    thanks for all the help!
    09-28-09 05:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD