I've set up separate email accounts for 2 personal accounts, with their own email icons, then set up my BES account through my company server for my business email, but the corporate/business email doesn't have it's own envelope icon, but only shows up in the "Message" icon where all emails/messages/texts, etc.

Anyone know how to separate out my business email - in other words, set up a separte email icon for just my business email? I don't care if it still dumps into the message icon, I just want to be able to view all my business email together, and not lumped in with all my other "stuff" (which I can do with my personal email accounts).

Appreciate the help!
    12-24-08 11:08 AM
    Yes you can but only one of two ways: BES has to be up to date and there is an option for a separate folder or there is a program that will give you a separate icon for BES emails (it really only does a search and has a shortcut icon) one good thing is that you can set a specific ringtone for the BEs emails

If none of those are good for you, you an at least change the color of the email (once you open it) for BES by going into options>security options>general settings change the option for Message Outline colours
    12-24-08 11:16 AM
    Empower Work Folder (BES MailBox) : Alltel BlackBerry Curve 8330 : Handango

Empower inbox for BES is a 3rd party app that works really well with the 8330 I think it should be compatible with the Bold
    12-24-08 11:20 AM
    Empower Work Folder (BES MailBox) : Alltel BlackBerry Curve 8330 : Handango

Empower inbox for BES is a 3rd party app that works really well with the 8330 I think it should be compatible with the Bold
    yeah thats the one i was thinking about
    12-24-08 11:21 AM
    Thanks - this my just be the ticket. I looked at the website but it doesnt' specify that it will work on the Storm. I don't want to shell out the money for something that won't work. And the site wasn't that user friendly to offer a "Contact Us" for anwering that question.

Anyone know if this is compatible?

But, seriously guys, thanks - no doubt I'll be getting it once I get confirmation that it will work!
    Last edited by TOBASCO; 12-24-08 at 11:32 AM. Reason: delete icon
    12-24-08 11:31 AM
    If you google the name of the app you might come across a sight that offers free trial dowoads that are good for 3days at a time, I never buy an app till I try it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-24-08 11:36 AM
    I use the empower program and it works great on my storm. Try it for sure.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-24-08 11:46 AM
    Thanks - this my just be the ticket. I looked at the website but it doesnt' specify that it will work on the Storm. I don't want to shell out the money for something that won't work. And the site wasn't that user friendly to offer a "Contact Us" for anwering that question.

Anyone know if this is compatible?

But, seriously guys, thanks - no doubt I'll be getting it once I get confirmation that it will work!
    They have a free trial like 7 days i think
    12-24-08 12:19 PM
    THANKS!!! I trust this source and your opinions! Appreciate it!
    12-24-08 12:31 PM
    OK - now here's my latest problem!

I bought the software and had it sent to my SMS. When I get the link, here's what it says:

"Unable to connect to the selected Mobile Data Service, please try again later. If the problem persists please contact your administrator."

It's persisting! And I'm the administrator! What's the story?

Any help would be appreciated!
    12-24-08 01:45 PM
    tobasco - not sure which site you visited (Handango??), but it must be out of date. At www.getempower.com it clearly says 'Compatible with Storm & Bold'

Anyway, the easiest way to install it is over-the-air by visiting http://ota.getempower.com/ on your BlackBerry Browser. In case you get an MDS message, its possible that data services are not (or incorrectly) setup on your device. In that case see if you are able to normally browse websites like www.getempower.com or www.google.com

Thanks,
    Ani.
    12-27-08 02:18 AM
    Yes you can but only one of two ways: BES has to be up to date and there is an option for a separate folder or there is a program that will give you a separate icon for BES emails (it really only does a search and has a shortcut icon) one good thing is that you can set a specific ringtone for the BEs emails

If none of those are good for you, you an at least change the color of the email (once you open it) for BES by going into options>security options>general settings change the option for Message Outline colours
    you are saying this is possible with the latest version of BES? I have never seen such an option. The only way i know how to do it is with empower BES. Can you please explain more on your statement.

" BES has to be up to date and there is an option for a separate folder "

i am very interested.
    12-27-08 03:54 AM
    I didn't like the empower program too much, seemed a little slow, it would momentarily show my other emails/txts/missed calls then switch over to just my bes email after hitting the icon.
    12-27-08 07:05 AM
    exactly why i never bought it. i just dont like 3rd party software on this device. anything that runs 24/7 just slows stuff down.
    12-27-08 08:29 AM
    Oh good im not the only one... i thought i was being too picky.
    12-27-08 08:49 AM
    ... it would momentarily show my other emails/txts/missed calls then switch over to just my bes email after hitting the icon.
    On OS4.5 and above what you see momentarily is actually the 'last opened' mailbox. This is the default behavior on these OSes and has got nothing to do with Empower BESMailBox. It seems that on these OSes the device remembers (caches) the last opened view (possibly for faster access) and so it will launch only with that view. That is why you see it momentarily before the BES-mails come up.

exactly why i never bought it. i just dont like 3rd party software on this device. anything that runs 24/7 just slows stuff down.
    Empower BESMailBox does not runs 24/7 in background. It starts only when you click on the icon, and closes as soon as you exit it. (Infact, majority of 3rd party apps do not run in background - only a few do)

Best,
    Ani.
    12-29-08 12:16 AM
    you are saying this is possible with the latest version of BES? I have never seen such an option. The only way i know how to do it is with empower BES. Can you please explain more on your statement.

" BES has to be up to date and there is an option for a separate folder "

i am very interested.
    if you really want to know go to blackberry's website and look for the release notes on BES. I saw it as a blog on here or on berryreview.com I didnt pay much attention to it because or BES admin doesnt like to keep the server up to date. It did mention that one of the newest service packs has this as an option.
    12-29-08 12:22 AM
    On OS4.5 and above what you see momentarily is actually the 'last opened' mailbox. This is the default behavior on these OSes and has got nothing to do with Empower BESMailBox. It seems that on these OSes the device remembers (caches) the last opened view (possibly for faster access) and so it will launch only with that view. That is why you see it momentarily before the BES-mails come up.

Empower BESMailBox does not runs 24/7 in background. It starts only when you click on the icon, and closes as soon as you exit it. (Infact, majority of 3rd party apps do not run in background - only a few do)

Best,
    Ani.
    I think BESmailbox is just a saved search with an icon with a notification profile added. All it does really is search for all email associated with that email address or service book and display them in a folder, you can do this yourself but the only problem would getting a separate icon for them.
    12-29-08 12:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD