Ok- I am getting a little itchy for a new BB. I have been on the Bold (ATT) for 6 months. It's been OK- pretty solid performance, but ATT 3G sucks in my opinion. Tons of dropped calls and the speed is fair at best- if I want speed in my house it has to be wifi as my signal varies a good bit.

I friend of mine has a Storm- which intrigues me- love the size; screen and no trackball. It is difficult to get used to though. Everyone I know that has one says after a week or so typing is actually quite good on it.
    So yesterday I go into a Verizon store to check it out... Plans are relatively the same etc ... I found even though the Storm was missing wifi- data downloads were MUCH faster than on ATT. Of course Verizon says they have very low incidence of dropped calls- their coverage is much better etc etc. I do a bit of overseas travel and they say they partner w/ vodaphone so that is not an issue...
    so my questions are essentially if anyone has had both services and/or both devices.. what are the preferences and why??
    many thanks for your input.
    RN
    04-15-09 09:39 AM
    I tested and have the Storm. And I also use a Bold as my daily, aside from a different EU. I prefer the Bold. AT&T has good service in my area and speeds are nice. Plus the Bold itself is faster than the Storm. One of my main reasons for AT&T's 3G is that I must be able to have voice and data. I have to be able to be on a conference call and send emails at the same time. Your needs may be different.
    That said, right now the Storm isn't where most people want it to be software wise. Yes it's much better than at launch, if you have a beta installed, or another carriers OS, but the Storm on Verizon with .75, isn't the greatest thing. Plus, if you have to message a lot, email a bunch, the Storm just isn't the device to do so. It's a good multimedia, browsing device, but it's not really for the corporate, professional device.
    It all comes down to what you want and need from a device. And of course the most important, coverage in your area. If Verizon has better coverage, you might want to go with them. You have 30 days to return the device.
    04-15-09 10:07 AM
    Thanks Crucial- think I will stick with my BOLD-probably would get the Storm and end up hating it. I do send a ton of email and am on the phone constantly- so yes data and voice at the same time is important etc...
    I appreciate the input !!!
    04-15-09 10:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD