On april 4th i upgraded my phone and got a storm. it was great then on the 10th it stoped working.the screen became unresponsive. I returned it, and a day later they gave me a brand new storm. Then 8 days later, The same thing happened. And today, I took it to the store, and they reseted it, and it worked for about 15mins, then it kept freezing. I got home like 6 hours later. it was descent, but after i installed some applications like BBM and Windows live, and facebook. the screen became unresponsive again.

I am well over 30minutes. Im just wondering what can i do? Should i go back and get a brand new one again? Did i get two lemons? Should i try to trade it in for a curve or omnia?
    04-24-09 12:42 AM
    go to other bell store and get a storm then it will be fine so try your best !
    04-24-09 12:46 AM
    Wow, you've got the worst luck ever.
    04-24-09 01:15 AM
    I guess its just me then,**** ill go tomorrow and get another replacement.
    I just reseted it again, and installed some applications ,its working fine, but next time it freezes im getting a new one.
    04-24-09 01:20 AM
    Have updated to the latest software 122 (bell official) or the 132 leak? Does your screen just go black and does not respond to touch? If so try pressing the lock button at the upper left of the storm.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-24-09 01:20 AM
    The screen doesn't respond. And its .122 and i had .132 and nothing changed, it just froze again, ima go back to the store tomorrow.
    04-24-09 01:58 AM
    That happened to me once. The homescreen froze, was unresponsive, and none of the actual phone buttons worked. Couldn't turn off via the red phone button, nothing.

I did a battery pull and it rebooted and worked just fine since. (this was a month ago)

And I roll with the .122
    04-24-09 10:18 AM
    we'll its working descent right now, but i want to go exchange it for a new one just to be safe. but its not freezing up. Should i wait till it freezes or should i just keep it?
    04-24-09 01:03 PM
    I took it back to the store, and he gave me blackberrys number, and he said i should call them when it happens again ,and they'll trouble shoot,and if anything they will send me another. but i don't want a reburbised one. I just got mine 3 weeks ago. How do i get a new one?
    04-25-09 01:35 AM
    within 30 days you can just take it in to the store and ask for a new one...you can also return the phone and get your money back. Contract can also be cancelled within 30 days in most provinces regardless of what the carrier says. Its the law that you have 30 days to cancel a contract.

I would suggest you describe "freezing" a bit better though so we can help troubleshoot.

Is the screen on, and just nothing will work...if so, what is on the screen, is a program open, or just the home screen etc.

If the screen is off and clicking it won't turn it back on, then that is a feature of the phone...use one of the hard buttons at the bottom of the phone to get the screen on, then you can click the screen. The lock button at the top is also useful for this.
    04-25-09 01:49 AM
    The screen can go on and not work. i know what lock and sleep is.

I could be in a mdidle of a text, then it starts to lagg, then the screen stops working and nothing works anymore. I have only the usual applications open + buzzme
    we'll what do i say to the asian guy to get a new phone?
    i went there, it didn't work he told me to call blackberry. I want one from him.The problem is, its not a coperate bell store, its another retailer who sells bell phones
    04-25-09 04:02 AM
    i believe it's RIM policy to replace devices in warranty, regardless of corporate vs dealer, as long as it is legit. i had similar freezing issues with my Bell storm not long ago - the phone would freeze on the "bell" screen and show multiple error messages. i have not had issues since i replaced it, also went to .122; however, i suspect there was some unknown conflict with a theme i had downloaded, so try eliminating excess 3rd party items.
    04-25-09 08:48 PM
    what if you wipe it clean with JL_Cmder and install a new fresh os
    04-25-09 10:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD