Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Bedside mode is stuck

When I plug my phone in to charge, it goes to the bedside clock mode as it should. But, when I try to set the alarm/turn it off... the button turns blue indicating that I'm pressing it, but nothing pops up to let me change the time. It also becomes stuck on the bedside mode/clock screen. I can neither close it nor change the time, even when I unplug my charger. I've also restarted my phone a few times, and the clock just shows up again after its restarted; therefore, I have to take my battery out for everything to go back to normal.

Help! I also have upgraded to the new software, and this problem only started a couple of days ago.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    5,830 Global Posts

Definitely not the way it should work. You say it just started a week ago. Any chance you installed something new or upgraded an app around the time it began? I have also read that RIM recommends leaving the battery out of your phone for 5 minutes for persistent problems.

Grey
    Semper Fi
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Quote Originally Posted by grey View Post
    Definitely not the way it should work. You say it just started a week ago. Any chance you installed something new or upgraded an app around the time it began? I have also read that RIM recommends leaving the battery out of your phone for 5 minutes for persistent problems.

Grey
    I haven't added any new apps recently. And I'll try leaving the battery out for longer. Thanks.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    5,830 Global Posts

Do your buttons (the back and menu) otherwise work fine throughout the coarse of a day?

Grey
    Semper Fi
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

Yes, everything is fine until I plug the charger in. Then it all gets stuck... also, I still receive my texts and emails despite not being able to get out of the clock screen.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    252 Global Posts
    PIN
    has expired...

Is it the BlackBerry OEM charger or some 3rd party part?

Some MicroUSB cables confuse the BB. Had this with an iPod charger and the data connection cable.

I am the one who reads manuals. And I love to search forums first!
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    5,830 Global Posts

It's also possible that your phones usb receptacle is on the fritz. I wouldn't say that its common, but I've read about it existing. You might try taking it to a Verizon store and have them plug it in to there own charger and see what happens. I also agree with the previous poster about a cheap charger (if your using one) being the culprit. Because you can unplug the charger and it's still stuck in bedside, I'd lean more towards the usb port.

Grey
    Semper Fi
    CrackBerry User

i had the same problem in one of the OS's that I downloaded.
    i think it was .122

this is a bug that i had, but upgraded to .148 and no problems since.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  

I have the BB charger that came with the phone.
    And IDK which particular OS upgrade I got, but it's the most recent one?

I'm definitely taking it to the store this weekend, but it's pretty far, so I was hoping to try to get some answers so I wouldn't have to.