I have a theory that retaining the beside mode on while the phone is not charging helps preserve the battery throughout the day. Any one try or notice this? I'm tired of this battery barely making it through the day.
    12-29-08 07:38 PM
    In my experience, I dont think so but you can also just turn the led notification off in screen options.

How have you charged your phone? Until the charge bolt goes away? Ever completely exhaust the batt and then charge it to its full capacity?

I've found that doing the above has dramatically improved my batt life.
    12-29-08 07:42 PM
    my phone last a day and a half with constant use before I should plug it in. It'll make it to the end of the 2nd day before it shuts off.

but yea, all bedside mode does it turn down the screen and turn off the notification led -- all which you can do without putting it in bedside mode. Also when I put it in bedside mode its plugged in so maybe thats why, but for me the light always stays on which would drain it more?
    12-29-08 07:51 PM
    my phone last a day and a half with constant use before I should plug it in. It'll make it to the end of the 2nd day before it shuts off.

but yea, all bedside mode does it turn down the screen and turn off the notification led -- all which you can do without putting it in bedside mode. Also when I put it in bedside mode its plugged in so maybe thats why, but for me the light always stays on which would drain it more?
    I don't know if the led light really makes that much of a difference compared to other factors such as signal strength and data usage. The most taxing thing on the battery is when you are using it to send and receive data (especially voice)

LED light doesn't take that much power to begin with...so it can't be that...check your signal strength as that has a huge impact on battery life...the weaker the signal the more times the phone has to try to get the data...to get a numerical representation of your signal strength do this

in landscape Press and Hold 123 for num lock. Then press !,""

hope this helps
    12-29-08 09:05 PM
    I usually charge the phone at night regardless of the juice left in the battery and let it charge for about 7 hours. I don't let it discharge unless i don't have a choice. I need to have the phone during the day so I don't know how to get around letting it discharge all the time.

mastermoe4,
    Where do you enter those keys for the signal strength? Of course it needs to be on a screen with a keyboard.
    12-30-08 12:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD