Wouldn't it make sense that there was an option to change the ringer in bedside mode instead of just radio off? This way when the phone was in bedside mode it automatically set the ringer to what we want it to do while sleeping. Is there anyway to get this done? Much better than having to change the ringer and then plug in the charger. One step is better than two. Just my opinion.
    05-27-09 10:26 PM
    You could set your sound profile to silent, or make a custom sound profile to do whatever you want. But going to Bedside mode is just one step...click bedside mode. Radio off, no ringing, alarm works. Seems like a perfect, already existing solution.

Grey
    05-28-09 07:46 AM
    You could set your sound profile to silent, or make a custom sound profile to do whatever you want. But going to Bedside mode is just one step...click bedside mode. Radio off, no ringing, alarm works. Seems like a perfect, already existing solution.

Grey
    Not for those of us who don't have a home phone... I don't want the radio off just my email and text alerts (which I already have a profile that I switch to that does this)...

I believe what the op is saying is add an option to the bedside mode settings that would automatically switch to the sound profile of choice. I have actually emailed that suggestion to RIM.

This would also solve the problem of me forgetting to switch back when I exit bedside mode. I forget all the time...
    05-28-09 08:25 AM
    Wouldn't it make sense that there was an option to change the ringer in bedside mode instead of just radio off? This way when the phone was in bedside mode it automatically set the ringer to what we want it to do while sleeping. Is there anyway to get this done? Much better than having to change the ringer and then plug in the charger. One step is better than two. Just my opinion.
    I agree entirely, instead of radio off you should get a choice of ringer profile. It would save one step if you still want the radio on to receive phone calls etc. Silent or All alerts off would be the equivalent of radio off other than battery savings with the radio off.
    EDIT: Forget the battery savings I wasn't thinking, unless of course you forget to take it out of bedside mode hehe.
    Last edited by bp22_ca; 05-28-09 at 09:20 AM.
    05-28-09 08:35 AM
    This is now an option in 5.0.0.140!!!!!
    07-28-09 02:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD