Bedside mode disables the LED and the wireless signal.
    Not if charging. My LED was bright green last night...kept waking me up. Unless I'm doing something wrong, I'm still a newbie.
    05-25-09 06:11 AM
    CAN yes, DEFAULT no...

HE said, bedside disables radio...
    NO IT DOES NOT...
    it CAN.

Get it str8
    Admit you are wrong and move on! Bedside mode does a lot of things Default or not.
    05-25-09 09:13 AM
    wow, settle down midde schoolers. It's not that big of a deal

that aside, Bedside mode can be configured if you go into the options while in the clock. One thing I wish they would add, is the option to automatically put the phone in "Phone Calls Only" mode
    05-25-09 11:23 AM
    That's a fireman for ya. Such is life.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-25-09 12:00 PM
    I don't use it. Instead, I set my phone to phone calls only. That way no email or text alerts, but if someone has an emergency, they'll call. In other words, it's never an emergency, so I never get bothered.
    This is what I do too. I gave up on landline phones many years ago so if there's an emergency I can still hear the phone ring.
    05-25-09 12:19 PM
    VariadW, it disables the LED and dims everything down, unless you have an alternate utility that turns the LED on during charging, such as PhoneTweak. I learned that one the hard way...

BTW, you might find that if you put your default screen brightness lower, you will be able to sleep better. I have used my Storm as my sole alarm clock, at home and while traveling every week since last November and it can get quite bright unless you set your default screen brightness to 10%. I find that that is quite bright enough all the time.
    Last edited by jbharman45; 05-26-09 at 04:19 PM.
    05-26-09 03:37 PM
    Ok well not the "default" setting it does NOT disable the radio...

I use bedside mode @ home and @ the firehouse for my alarm clock...
    I go to bed, I put the alerts to phone calls only and then enter bedside mode and put it in the cradle....

I get phone calls no problem. And txt's come in but don't notify me at all in any way shape or form...
    that is absolutely perfect. i get texts and e-mails all night and i've already been threatened that they will run it over with the truck until its dust. you have just saved me a lot of money. =)
    05-28-09 04:47 AM
    ummmm...im gonna need you to to go ahead and come in tomorrow...so if you could be here arounnnnnnnd 9...that would be great, mmmmk?

Yes...I make sure that when I put it in Bedside Mode...nothing makes it through (radio/email/sms/nothing)...great option...whether it is default or not...whatever. The option is there...and it is a great option. Phone calls only would be a better option...but I work with what I have when I have it...
    05-28-09 06:31 AM
    I have searched everywhere and am sure I'm just missing it or just not setting it up correctly. I use a wall charger at night and would like to disable all notification sounds. I need my phone calls to come through and my alarm clock to ring. I don't really mind the LED light.

I tried to set the profile to "phone calls only" and found that I missed phone calls because it doesn't sound, only vibrates. I even tried setting the profile to "phone calls only" and putting the phone in bedside mode but again, only got the phone to vibrate. I'm running the latest official Verizon version and hope someone can shed some light.

I apologize because I know this has been discussed to great lengths but I can't seem to get it to work.

Thanks in advance for any help you may provide,

-Liv
    07-30-09 11:53 AM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD