Hi all,
    I'm new to blackberry and just got the storm. can i set it to have NO sounds except an alarm I set? Also, at the risk of sounding like a ****....what is a "holster"?
    thanks in advance...i'm trying!
    01-04-09 06:19 PM
    Holster is a case for your phone that has a magnet in it that sleeps the BB when you put it in. Saves lots of battery life...

and Set the Ringer to All alerts off and your alarm will sound NOTHING ELSE ...
    01-04-09 06:34 PM
    Welcome to CB.
    01-04-09 06:38 PM
    Yep. Used the bedside mode while in Maui last week. Think I just put the sounds onto phone calls only (in case there was an emergency). Liked the fact that the clock would fade out and if I wanted to know the time, would just have to touch the screen and it'd show up again. Didn't use the alarm, after all, we were in Maui!
    01-04-09 07:17 PM
    Debbie, et al,

That's what I do also. I put the "sounds" in phone only (I'm on call 24x7) and then plug in the charger and put the clock on "bedside mode". I can either set the alarm or leave it off, but the clock glows gently (and very clearly) and the battery charges completely overnight.

When I roll out in the morning, I just close the clock and any messages that came in overnight (there are normally 15-20 of them) are waiting for me.

I have only one complaint about this mode. I can't get the alarm tone to be anything other than the default it came with - no matter WHAT I set. I can't even scroll through the sounds and figure out what the tone IS that it plays. If I could figure out where that is set, I could change it...
    01-04-09 11:07 PM
    Debbie, et al,

I have only one complaint about this mode. I can't get the alarm tone to be anything other than the default it came with - no matter WHAT I set. I can't even scroll through the sounds and figure out what the tone IS that it plays. If I could figure out where that is set, I could change it...
    To change the Alarm,
    open your clock>Menu>Options>Alarm Tune
    Scroll through the choices, after you chose the one you like hit the backspace key and hit "save" that should do it. At least that is how/where on the 8350i.
    01-04-09 11:15 PM
    To change the Alarm,
    open your clock>Menu>Options>Alarm Tune
    Scroll through the choices, after you chose the one you like hit the backspace key and hit "save" that should do it. At least that is how/where on the 8350i.
    Ya, that SHOULD do it, but it doesn't. That's exactly what I've been doing...
    01-04-09 11:21 PM
    Ohh, very strange?
    01-04-09 11:28 PM
    When your scrolling through the choices and find the one you like, "click" it then save.
    01-04-09 11:29 PM
    Ya, 'zactly what I've been doing, it doesn't work on my phone.

I just uninstalled (from the advanced menu) the clock and am going to restore it from DM.
    01-04-09 11:32 PM
    Is there a way I can plug my phone in, go directly to bedside mode (where the clock fades slightly but still there) and still receive calls and texts throughout the night? What exactly does bedside mode do if I leave the "disable radio" "no" ??? Thanks for the help in advance.
    03-01-09 08:56 PM
    If I'm not mistaken disabling the radio will turn all connections of your phone off. So I think if you leave disable radio "no" then you'll still receive calls and texts.
    03-01-09 09:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD