Hello All. Quite some time ago the first time I tried shrinking an os I shrunk out BBMaps. It was on official release .148. I have after several other os installs (.151, beta6v8, shrunk and un-shrunk several times) been unavle to recover bbmaps. i have reloaded desktop manager. i have checked to see if it is hidden. It is listed in the application list but there is no icon. Can anyone please tell me how to solve this issue. is there an ota link i can get it back from? does some one hav a desktop download they can send me.
    08-26-09 07:26 PM
    I'm not sure you can ota bb maps. Try deleting the os installed on the computer and. Reinstall .148 full unshrunk then load it onto your phone. Use bbsak to wipe your phone with and backup your data.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-26-09 07:33 PM
    Wow that sucks wish I can help but don't know where to start this is why I don't mess with hybrid Os. But have you try the blackberry thread with help. In there you might find a thread that can help you out. Good luck with a fix.

08-26-09 07:34 PM
    As far as I know there is no OTA link for bbmaps or I have been unable to find it if there is. I have done several full unshrunk reinstalls with no resolve. Phone has been wiped with all os installs.
    08-26-09 07:38 PM
    Hmm see if you can uninstall it from your phone and find the cods for it in the removed folder in your OS and use bbsak to install them may work. Also try changing themes and see if an icon shows up. BBmaps installs as part of the os was my understanding.
    I removed mine and was able to get it back via uninstalling .151 and doing a full reinstall of .148
    08-26-09 07:41 PM
    Make sure you have whichever OS is on your phone installed to your computer. Run app loader at crogram files\common files\research in motion\apploader. Then run apploader.exe with your phone connected. You should be taken to a screen where you have the option to install BB maps. Click next and it should install no problems. I have done this a few times before with bb maps and other apps suck as bbm and games like brickbreaker.
    08-26-09 07:59 PM
    just loaded from scratch again. still no dice. can someone list what modules they have listed under options> advanced> applications> blackberry maps?
    Last edited by npstup; 08-26-09 at 09:03 PM.
    08-26-09 08:52 PM
    Why don't you just use google maps?

Or have you tried using DM to load it?
    Last edited by z06mike; 08-26-09 at 09:28 PM.
    08-26-09 09:23 PM
    i can remove and reinstall it thru DM and have it a added and removed under app,lications in options but never get an icon to launch it from. also several other apps use bb maps within themselves.
    08-26-09 09:32 PM
    Which apps use bb maps? With some you can choose which "maps" you want to use
    08-26-09 09:36 PM
    BBM5 uses BBmaps when locating friends, Im not sure if it is changeable, give me a sec and Ill try to find the files
    08-26-09 09:37 PM
    can someone please list all the modules under bbmaps in the application list on their phone.
    08-26-09 09:37 PM
    4 Modules are

net_rim_bb_gas
    net_rim_bb_lbs
    net_rim_bb_lbs_api
    net_rim_bb_lbs_resource_en
    08-26-09 09:39 PM
    Here is another possible fix if you are showing all 4 modules but no icon. Go to options>advanced option>applications then go to bb maps press the BB key and edit permissions to allow for all. Worked for someone else with the same issue
    08-26-09 09:45 PM
    WOW this entire time I didnt realize that I too am missing my BBmaps icon, haha. It was there before I tried out .154 and then I downgraded back to 6v9 and now it is gone, ill have to mess around with it, lol.
    08-26-09 09:48 PM
    Not sure if this is a fix, but I set all permissions to BB Maps to deny, and switched to the default zen theme. Did a battery pull and when my phone came back on I had a BBMaps Icon, strange..... and my elle theme disappeared and I got a lot of uncaught exceptions when the phone first turned back on. This is pretty gay, Im rebooting again to see what I find.
    08-26-09 10:05 PM
    thx for the list of modules. i have all of the same ones. was hoping i was missing one because atleast then it would provide an explanation.
    08-26-09 10:08 PM
    ok seemed to work for me to get it to show up, funny I didnt notice it gone before. Do what I did and switch to the zen theme. Then go to options>advanced options>applications and hit bb key select edit default permissions while highlighting bb maps and set all to deny, reboot phone and see if the icon appears. if it does, go back to permissions and set to allow, just worked for me.

I found it in the applications folder by the way let me know if that worked for you
    08-26-09 10:10 PM
    not sure what changed or how just got done saying **** it loaded 6v9 expecting to live w/o and activated and there it is
    08-26-09 10:11 PM
    sweet sorry I was of no help to you then, lol. but at least you helped me to realize I was missing mine too.
    08-26-09 10:14 PM
    thx for all the help guys!!!!
    08-26-09 10:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD