Hello.

I have a BB Storm 9530 with OS v5.0.0.328 and it is constantly freezing up and the White screen of death shows up about 5 times a week. Cannot remember the error number right now so, I cannot supply that. Sometimes the screen won't even allow me to do anything, it just stays black when I try to use it. I've done battery pulls ... and have already done 2 in the last few hours. I keep my phone pretty clean - few pictures, no video, no custom ring tones. Few apps - Google Maps, Weather Bug, Blackberry Traffic, Facebook, Twitter ... and Starbucks Card. When finished with the app, I close it (except for those that don't allow me to do so).

What could be causing these problems? Is it the apps? It's been pretty slow right out of the box (purchased new in September 2009) with no apps.

AND! What is the likely hood that Verizon will allow me to upgrade with 4 months (exactly) left on my current phone? 0_o .... And, any tips into persuading them into allowing me to upgrade (Droid X)??

Also, how will Verizon know that my phone has had the WSOD? Is there a test? Or, is there a log somewhere on the BB with the past crashes??

Thank you!
    Last edited by digitalputty; 01-18-11 at 01:37 PM.
    01-18-11 01:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD