I recently switched from my BB storm to moto Droid. The one thing I do miss out my storm is BBM messenger. Other than that, I realized how inferior the storm is to what's out there in the market. RIM overall needs to upgrade their OS. Android is amazing! I encourage all you BB storm users with issues to try out the Droid. You will not be disappointed.

I no longer need crackberry.com can you guys cancel my account?
    Blackberry sucks
    02-04-10 12:18 PM
    i have lots of views already! consider picking up a moto droid for a test drive!
    02-04-10 01:04 PM
    i dunno...i was playing with it for a while,,,just dont like it that much,,,
    02-04-10 01:09 PM
    how's your email?
    02-04-10 03:19 PM
    If I had just one wish, it would be that everyone who makes a conscious choice to make stupid, fight-starting threads like these ones phone explodes. Honestly. We get it. Some people who change from BB to Droid like it better. Some people who change from Droid to BB like it better.

People change phones, and like the new phone better, or they don't. There's really absolutely no reason to be posting it, because you're just going to start a fight.
    02-04-10 03:31 PM
    I understand its a public forum and all but it should be for useful and meaningful discussions. Mod should close this.
    02-04-10 03:34 PM
    its just a fun conversation, you don't have to respond if you don't want to, I loved my 9530, I just want others that haven't given the droid a try to try it
    02-04-10 05:03 PM
    A) not everyone has the luxury of just 'trying out' the Droid.

B) By stating how 'inferior' one phone is compared to another, you're looking for someone to say 'No it isn't' just so you can say 'Yeah, it is.'
    02-04-10 05:20 PM
    My friend has a droid, I've got his old storm. I'm quite happy with the storm. What works for one person won't work for another. End of story

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-04-10 06:02 PM
    My cats breath smells like cat food.

02-04-10 06:13 PM
    My cats breath smells like cat food.

Funny my dogs breath smells like ***! Lol
    02-04-10 06:22 PM
    Tried out the Droid, like the Storm better...or at least found no compelling reasons to switch. The Android OS is superior in many ways but feels awkward and unfinished in others (not that the Storm OS doesn't), a feeling which likely would fade with use and familiarity. The problem was that the phone was awkward to hold and type on the screen (I have large hands) and the physical keyboard was apparently some sort of sick joke...they could have used that space to triple the battery life rather than providing a keyboard which had almost no tactile reference for "feeling" the key locations...almost impossible to use IMHO.

Conversely, I'm sure if I had started with a Droid and tried moving to a Storm I doubt I would bother...each has it's strengths and weaknesses, neither is even remotely a homerun design. At least with the Storm I already have an established workflow and have mitigated the various issues which annoyed me...I saw nothing in the Droid which convinced me it was worth starting the process over.

Would like to try out a Nexus One though...
    02-04-10 07:18 PM
    A) not everyone has the luxury of just 'trying out' the Droid.

B) By stating how 'inferior' one phone is compared to another, you're looking for someone to say 'No it isn't' just so you can say 'Yeah, it is.'
    No I'm not, Yes you are
    02-04-10 07:31 PM
    No I'm not, Yes you are
    booo hoooo booo hoooo
    02-05-10 10:46 AM
    Ah. My mistake. I mistook you for someone with some kind of intelligence, I clearly should have just assumed you were a moron.
    02-05-10 11:24 AM
    My hope is that someday all the people whining about these types of threads can eventually be freed from whatever evil power has control over them that is forcing the to click, read, and reply on threads they clearly have no interest in and take great offense to . Someone please liberate these people!

02-05-10 01:37 PM
    Storm vs Droid vs my ***!

02-05-10 07:10 PM
    mods need to delete this guy's account like he asked...
    02-05-10 08:31 PM
    Avoiding the email question, r u?
    02-06-10 06:36 AM
    This is a blackberry forum. Hence the name. So why post comments about your droid? Duh

02-06-10 08:02 AM
    cough* troll * cough
    02-06-10 09:19 AM
    not a big fan of the droid
    02-06-10 10:29 AM
    how's your email?
    haha thats what we all say to them robots. failed email

cough* troll * cough
    i was thinkin the same thing. cept wasnt sure if many people knew what a troll was, so i didnt say anything.
    02-08-10 09:59 AM
    I tried out the droid and for the things I care about (browsing, video, gps-nav) it seems vastly superior. It truly is the closest I have seen to a desktop browsing experience... browse to a forum where someone has a video embedded? Just select the video and it starts playing. Youtube, vimeo, etc all seem to work flawlessly on the beautiful wvga screen. Speaking of the screen, you can display pages in a fairly natural resolution without having to zoom. GPS Nav is free with voice prompts.

That being said, the keyboard is a joke, and apparently the battery life is only so-so. I'm waiting to see what the nexus one looks like when it hits verizon, hopefully it'll have an optical sensor instead of the trackball. Then again, I may just wait until 4Q'10 and see if a Tegra2 based phone is out by then.

Storm was acceptable in it's time, and honestly wasn't a horrific first touch device. Hopefully the next gen will finally see hardware designed with decent horsepower rather than the bare minimum, but considering their past, and their target demographic, I wouldn't hold my breath.
    02-08-10 10:13 AM
    Storm2 is the way to go........you will be back in two weeks =)
    02-08-10 10:16 AM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD