i dont know if this question ever came up, but i was wondering if you have a unlocked iphone can you put the bb storm sim card to work on verizon network, because the storm is able to do both gsm and cdma. just curious, both phones are great and was thinking it be a perfect if iphone 3g w/3.0 with a storm sim and be able to use verizon, cuz no carrier can beat verizon in my opinion and that is the reason i stay faithful to verizon
    06-02-09 07:10 PM
    Absolutely not possible. The Storm supports GSM and CDMA. The iPhone only supports GSM. Verizon is a CDMA network and that's all the Storm uses while using Verizon.
    06-02-09 07:10 PM
    lol no, sorry. iPhone is strictly GSM. VZW is a CDMA network. The iPhone doesnt have the insides to do CDMA. Novel idea, though.
    06-02-09 07:11 PM
    this is possible, although you would only be able to call and text. data would be disabled, so basically u should either keep ur current fone or just move to a carrier that uses gsm.
    06-02-09 07:18 PM
    this is possible, although you would only be able to call and text. data would be disabled, so basically u should either keep ur current fone or just move to a carrier that uses gsm.
    More false info....
    06-02-09 07:47 PM
    It might be possible, but the VZW SIM is actually for Vodafone's euro network. It would not benefit you at all to do it.
    06-02-09 08:17 PM
    It might be possible, but the VZW SIM is actually for Vodafone's euro network. It would not benefit you at all to do it.
    It might be possible? How. Vodafone is GSM. The OP asked to get on the Verizon network with the Sim card. This isn't possible. Come on PK, better advice, please.
    06-02-09 08:25 PM
    This is in no way possible. Even if you did get the sim to work in the IPhone, you would not be using vzw network. You would be using a gsm network in the US and not VZW. The sim card is programed for Vodaphone so it is very unlikely that it would work at all. Plus just because the sim card is in the storm doesn't mean it is active. I have my sim but it is not activated on my account at all. If I do decide to travel and need sim, I would have to call vzw and have them activate it.
    06-02-09 08:25 PM
    my bad i read the question wrong, i thought he just wanted 2 see if it would wrk, i missed the part about him wanting 2 still be on verizon network
    08-09-09 11:03 AM
    The SIM card, as has been said, is actually registered on Vodafone, which is why most of them have a Verizon/Vodafone logo on them, If you attempted to take the SIM from a Storm and put it into an iPhone, you'd probably just get an error, or you'd get a Roaming indicator, that is, if you get any coverage at all.
    08-09-09 11:14 AM
    I have a spare unlocked phone on hand, and I inserted the SIM card into it and it worked. I got internet, texts, phone calls, and such. JK. Nah, all I got was zero bars, just in case you guys were thinking of trying. It's just like having your Storm unlocked, and switching to strictly GSM/UMTS, you get SOS only. My only question is then, if you activate Global Dialing on your plan (like i said plan, not phone), doesn't that turn on the SIM Card for signals?
    08-09-09 01:38 PM
    I have a spare unlocked phone on hand, and I inserted the SIM card into it and it worked. I got internet, texts, phone calls, and such. JK. Nah, all I got was zero bars, just in case you guys were thinking of trying. It's just like having your Storm unlocked, and switching to strictly GSM/UMTS, you get SOS only. My only question is then, if you activate Global Dialing on your plan (like i said plan, not phone), doesn't that turn on the SIM Card for signals?
    I'm not a Verizon customer, but I was at one time a customer of Vodafone, and I believe doing this enables your device to roam on international networks (Vodafone, Orange, Turkcell, O2, 3 UK etc, whatever Verizon has for roaming agreements in the region.)

Again, I'm not a Verizon customer, and I never have been, The SIM card is always "active" per se but the reason you get no bars / SOS is because Verizon/Vodafone don't have any GSM network in-place within the states. When you enter a region with Vodafone or other partner coverage, I believe the SIM card then gives you access to that agreed provider's network services.

The SIM card included is nice, but personally I feel it's better to unlock and then just use a prepaid SIM within the region your looking to travel to.
    08-09-09 02:33 PM
    Storm = CDMA for US and GSM (sim card) for overseas

So if you were to take your iphone over to Europe and put your VZW GSM sim card in then why wouldnt it work? Could it be the Radio hardware is not designed to work on the same channel as the VZW sim card would need it to be on?
    08-09-09 02:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD