Just a couple days ago I noticed that when I go dial a number my "dialing" keyboard displays a random assortment of numbers, letter, and symbols. On top of that when I go to send a text message or just type in the "vertical" mode of the phone only a few letters show up (not the entire alphabet; or multiple letters on one key like normal). The funny thing is that these letter actually work, i.e. it does register with the phone that I am pushing a specific key/letter/number. However, the problem arises when I need to select a key that is not available on the keyboard. Now, I've tried restarting the phone but nothing seems to work. Has anyone else had this problem? Does anyone have a clue how to fix it? My phone is functional, yes, I just have to use it in the horizontal mode only and at this point I cannot enter new phone numbers into my phone...................please someone...........help!
    03-02-09 08:06 PM
    I know you said you tried restarting the phone, but have you tried a battery pull? Pulling the battery for 30 seconds fixes many things.
    03-02-09 11:35 PM
    I have the same problem, you can try restarting the phone, it work for me
    03-03-09 12:09 AM
    My green go button was on my keyboard when I was typing an sms/mms or an email. I did a batt pull and it fixed it. I just thought it was odd and I don't recall reading about it in the findings for any of the betas.
    03-03-09 12:20 AM
    I have the same problem. How do you pull the battery??
    10-26-09 12:37 PM
    I have the same problem. How do you pull the battery??
    you take off the battery compartment door and pull oout the battery ... while the phone is still on....wait about 10 to 30 seconds... then replace the battery and let your phone reboot.
    10-26-09 04:04 PM
    wow, thats a bizarre problem. i've never seen that but im glad i saw it here before it happened to me and my head exploded.
    10-26-09 08:23 PM
    well have anyone noticed the phone randomly switching the keyboards in portrait view...goin from multi-tap to sure type to qwerty.
    11-06-09 07:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD