First off, I love the new Storm, and although this is my first BB device and don't have anything to compare it to, I find it to be everything that I need and more. I have only one question (so far) to ask. I have set up a Gmail account with Google, and have it synched to my BB so that it can pull all my work emails (outlook) and shoot them to me. I was curious if there was a way to set up GMail, or my BB so that when I send reply to a work email recieved on the BB, it will have my work email address in the "from", not gmail's? Hope this question isn't as confusing as it sounds! Any help would be nice. Thanks,
    Brad Shields
    11-26-08 10:48 AM
    First off, I love the new Storm, and although this is my first BB device and don't have anything to compare it to, I find it to be everything that I need and more. I have only one question (so far) to ask. I have set up a Gmail account with Google, and have it synched to my BB so that it can pull all my work emails (outlook) and shoot them to me. I was curious if there was a way to set up GMail, or my BB so that when I send reply to a work email recieved on the BB, it will have my work email address in the "from", not gmail's? Hope this question isn't as confusing as it sounds! Any help would be nice. Thanks,
    Brad Shields
    I know you can set this up for gmail under in it's 'Settings', don't know if it works from the BB without any additional configuration (I'm still waiting for my Storm to arrive but I would like to do this same thing...)
    11-27-08 09:21 PM
    I know you can set this up for gmail under in it's 'Settings', don't know if it works from the BB without any additional configuration (I'm still waiting for my Storm to arrive but I would like to do this same thing...)
    You cannot change the from: field using BIS, Gmail, or any other *legit* means. However, you can customize the reply-to: field in both BIS and Gmail. That way when you send an email to someone and they reply with a compatible email client, they will reply to the address in your reply-to field.

* There are some non-legit ways of changing your from: field, and you can read all about it with a quick google search.
    11-27-08 09:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD