im having a bit of a conflict with my storm, sometimes it will freeze up on me for no reason or it takes a bit to process simple things. cant anyone give me advice or some tips or tricks on how to minimize or stop this problem. thanks
    05-27-09 04:15 PM
    im having a bit of a conflict with my storm, sometimes it will freeze up on me for no reason or it takes a bit to process simple things. cant anyone give me advice or some tips or tricks on how to minimize or stop this problem. thanks
    ((Face in hands, shaking head with shame))

Sorry you were among those of us who purchased the Storm. Many people are having MANY conflicts with theirs. Use the forums on this site to help out with more specific problems. I bought mine back in December and started installing leaked OS upgrades. They really help out the phone and are pretty simple to install.

The newest leak out right now is 4.0.0.148 and there is also a hybrid that combines this new OS with some features from the 5.0 that was leaked for the (Bold?) Anyways, search the forums for ".148 storm" and follow the instructions there about how to install leaked OS's.

I am currently using the .148/5.0 Hybrid, which works like a charm. Hopefully you can find what you need with this site, it has really helped me a bunch!
    05-27-09 04:32 PM
    the first thing to do is make sure it isnt user error....
    from the main screen press and hold the BB key until the app menu shows up across the middle of the screen. there should be phone, browser, BB messenger, home screen, and one other that escapes me at the moment. anything more than that you should click the icon and properly close out the app in question.
    05-27-09 04:52 PM
    You should do battery pulls when your app memory drops to low. Next time you freeze check your free app memory options>memory>application memory free space. I use meterberry to watch my app memory and schedule it to restart each night while sleeping. Since I have been doing this (3 - 4 months) I have never had my phone lock up. And like the the post above update your os with one of the leaks which will help your storm run much better.
    05-27-09 04:52 PM
    And make sure you close out app's your not using and don't close them out using the end key.
    05-27-09 04:54 PM
    You should do battery pulls when your app memory drops to low. Next time you freeze check your free app memory options>memory>application memory free space. I use meterberry to watch my app memory and schedule it to restart each night while sleeping. Since I have been doing this (3 - 4 months) I have never had my phone lock up. And like the the post above update your os with one of the leaks which will help your storm run much better.
    oh yeah i forgot about the battery pull. a few days ago someone in here called it chicken soup for the blackberry. but it is the truth
    05-27-09 04:54 PM
    I'd be willing to bet the bulk of his problem lies in the fact he's still on .75.

I HIGHLY, HIGHLY, HIGHLY suggest upgrading to leaked OS's. I know it may sound a little shady, but so long as you have insurance or still under warranty, you really have nothing to lose; you can always "downgrade" back to .75 if a problem arises and you need to go to Verizon for help.
    05-27-09 05:14 PM
    I'd be willing to bet the bulk of his problem lies in the fact he's still on .75.

I HIGHLY, HIGHLY, HIGHLY suggest upgrading to leaked OS's. I know it may sound a little shady, but so long as you have insurance or still under warranty, you really have nothing to lose; you can always "downgrade" back to .75 if a problem arises and you need to go to Verizon for help.
    +1 on upgrading the OS.
    you never know though.
    these storms can and will be tempermental.
    you can put 2 identical brand new models side by side and perform the same mods to each and you may or may not get the same results.
    you cant go wrong with a leaked OS though. .148 (not the hybrid and not shrunk) seems to be working great for me so far. i didnt have a problem with .75 but i wanted to see if i could get any better performance, which i did.
    05-27-09 05:25 PM
    +1 on upgrading the OS.
    you never know though.
    these storms can and will be tempermental.
    you can put 2 identical brand new models side by side and perform the same mods to each and you may or may not get the same results.
    you cant go wrong with a leaked OS though. .148 (not the hybrid and not shrunk) seems to be working great for me so far. i didnt have a problem with .75 but i wanted to see if i could get any better performance, which i did.

I can recommend the hybrid as I'm running it now, and it's amazing!
    05-27-09 05:39 PM
    Update your OS to .148 (the latest one). You'll love the phone. Running that OS, I do have one single complaint to make against it. It makes it the incredible phone it is supposed to be. Follow the instructions in teh first post of this thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/n0...source-213706/

Grey
    05-27-09 05:43 PM
    [QUOTE=706storm;2660752]I'd be willing to bet the bulk of his problem lies in the fact he's still on .75.

Almost a sure thing that he is not closing apps. Agree that .148 should solve almost all issues but it will not solve user error. I ran .75 for a couple of months. Never had a random boot, frozen phone or problem installing or deleting apps (of which I have far to many). But hey what do I know. I wouldn't trade my click screen for anything else.
    05-27-09 05:53 PM
    Almost every phone will react differently to updates, but for the most part you should be worry free. At least update to .148 Whether you go the hybrid route (you should) is up to you.
    05-27-09 06:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD