I purchased the Storm last night and its my first BB. First off I would like to say so far I think its awesome. But I do have a couple of questions about it. First being about the battery life. I put it on the charger last night and when I woke uo this morning the battery indicator appeared to be full but still had the bolt across it. And after having it off the charger and not using it much I noticed my battery was almost half way gone after a few hours. Is this because an app is running I dont know about or did I not let it fully charge. I thought I read on here somewhere the Storm has a good battery life.

My second question is I also thought I read that I can transfer music to the BB from itunes....is this possible or do i have to convert them from AAC to MP3 first.
    12-31-08 12:28 PM
    Battery life is ony mediocre with the Storm right now. Make sure to charge everyday. Also, let it drain all the way and then re-charge it. As for the music, check the Storm's How-To, FAQ, & TIPS thread for a step-by-step guide.

Storm Tips How-TO & FAQ
    12-31-08 12:30 PM
    Hi

About your battery problem, I had the same issue too. I was asked to go to the VZW store and check the battery is faulty or not.

They advised me that the battery was ok. They said because the Storm has a super screen resolution if it last for a day that's fine.

As for the VZW website, make sure you charge the first 3 charging cyclings overnight.

hope this helps you?
    12-31-08 12:38 PM
    I purchased the Storm last night and its my first BB. First off I would like to say so far I think its awesome. But I do have a couple of questions about it. First being about the battery life. I put it on the charger last night and when I woke uo this morning the battery indicator appeared to be full but still had the bolt across it. And after having it off the charger and not using it much I noticed my battery was almost half way gone after a few hours. Is this because an app is running I dont know about or did I not let it fully charge. I thought I read on here somewhere the Storm has a good battery life.

My second question is I also thought I read that I can transfer music to the BB from itunes....is this possible or do i have to convert them from AAC to MP3 first.
    I have both your answeres.

1) THe phone is not charged until the lightning bolt goes away. Trust me, and the nuberof other threads on this, the bolt WILL go away once charged.

2) DOwnload BB MEdia Sync and it sends it right from itunes.
    12-31-08 12:42 PM
    Let the battery fully drain, and then do a full charge. It makes a huge difference and with that i can get a minimum of 24 hours out of my phone (unless im using the vznav non stop).. but on average i can get a full two days use
    12-31-08 12:44 PM
    For itunes go to the desktop software > media > blackberry media sync. Then it gives you options to sync playlists or your full library from itunes.
    12-31-08 12:47 PM
    so it doesnt matter that they are in AAC format, they do not need to be in MP3 format
    12-31-08 04:46 PM
    so it doesnt matter that they are in AAC format, they do not need to be in MP3 format

If they are in your Itunes library they are already in the correct format. Use Media Sync to sync your library or open up the SD card when you plug in the phone to your computer and copy and paste, you can do this with photos to, makes managing media folders easy
    12-31-08 05:13 PM
    Just wanted to add here in case someone comes across this thread, My Storm plays AAC right out of the box--no syncing with iTunes or anything.
    01-05-09 11:12 AM
    My battery life has been improved with each firmware update, so have patience too, the Storm is VERY much a work in progress.
    01-05-09 11:42 AM
    Hello I'm a newbie, just got the storm on the 30th, I have a question and I did not wanted to make a whole new thread about a question about battery life. I finished charging my phone around 10pm last night (Jan 5) and by noon of the next day it was already half way done, without making a single phone call or anything just sitting there. Is it just normal or do you think the battery might be bad?

Thank you, great forum
    01-06-09 11:51 PM
    You might have had something going on in the background. That seems a little excessive to me but I haven't put mine down long enough to get a sense for battery use when the Storm is just sitting around.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-07-09 12:04 AM
    Hey thanks for the quick reply, I read something that you have to close the programs well, so I now always hit menu and click on close, on everything I open. I was sleeping for most of that time so that is why it was just sitting there
    01-07-09 12:11 AM
    Hi,

I recently purchased a storm. My first one had the battery life issue. I took it to the store and they gave me a number to call because they did not have any in stock. My fist one was replaced and the battery life is awesome on the new one.
    01-08-09 02:33 AM
    My battery life has been improved with each firmware update, so have patience too, the Storm is VERY much a work in progress.
    If more of us would keep that in mind there would be more enjoyment of what does work right. Even the iPhone first gen had many more problems.
    01-08-09 12:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD