I recently installed google maps on my Storm (OS5) and really like it. Wanting to free up space I deleted BB Maps. Yesterday I decided to re-install BB Maps and now it will not work. It worked previous to me deleting it. I have tried to install it OTA and via BBDM - neither method resolves my error.

When I launch BB Maps I get the following error:
    "Your current default services do not provide access to this feature"

GPS settings verified:
    GPS Data Source -> Device GPS
    GPS Services -> Location On

Again, google maps works fine, BUT I am puzzled as to why BB Maps no longer works when it did before uninstall/re-install. I have been on phone with Verizon and in-store with tech support and neither can resolve.

Any ideas?

It has become a quest at this point
    11-03-09 03:27 AM
    Im getting the same thing.I have re installed bbmaps 3 times. prior to this os upgrade I have never had a problem with BB Maps at all.
    11-03-09 05:38 AM
    BTW - BBM5 did work after OS upgrade for me. It was only 'after' the wipe and re-install etc etc that it stopped working.

I also have an issue with BBM5 - the avatar no longer appears for my contact - it displayed a avatar pic for him previous to this issue - now, no matter if I delete him, re-invite -OR- he deletes me and re-invites, I continue to display the default image (little blue outlined guy - if u know what I mean).

I read that many are also having this problem, so I may need to just wait for a fix - just strange that it worked before also.

Weird
    11-03-09 10:37 AM
    I had this same problem and another member here offered a solution that does work.
    Hook your phone back up to your DM and click "backup and restore" then "advanced" using the left side box open the file on your pc that contains previous backup files, select a backup prior to your current firmware. It will open in the left side box. Now simply look for "map settings" and "map locations" ..not sure if you need both.. now just move the file over to the right box "which is the phones current files" and BB Maps will work again. Hope this helps.
    11-03-09 11:01 AM
    thanks a bunch for the suggestion - still same result...

Really weird that it worked previously "after" OS5 upgrd.

"Your current default services do not provide access to this feature"

So thats two problems with my Storm.

1) BB Maps (not working)

2) BBM 5 (avatar of my contact doesnt show his custom pic, only the default blue guy) - but I see that MANY are having similar issues - however, again, it worked after OS5 upgrd - not since I had to do a wipe and re-install (after mobile gmail give me trouble, I deleted and these two issues popped up. Dont think they are related, but.......
    11-03-09 12:38 PM
    strange.. Im on 328 with shrink a os and got the same message you did. after the file swap it works fine. oh well..sorry
    11-03-09 03:50 PM
    This happened to me as well, I got bb maps to work again by deleting it, going to verizon site and actually downloading the os to my comp, installing it then re installing bb maps from dm . Now it works fine.
    11-03-09 06:05 PM
    how do i get bbmaps to work on att?
    11-03-09 06:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD