for some reason i'm unable to reinstall bb maps on my 9530. i originally deleted it because i always use google maps, and wanted to free up some space so deleting it seemed logical. now i need it so i can use weatherbug, and i can't re download it.
    i'm running .113 and whenever i try to download it directly from my phone's browser, it says my device doesn't meet the system requirements. I don't get it...the minimum requirement for maps is 4.1.

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!!!
    03-26-09 01:12 AM
    Disconnect from the internet,open DM, connect you phone, click App Loader and then check the box for BB maps, click next and it should load it
    03-26-09 01:23 AM
    did you try downgrading back .76 and then downloading it? it might not be downloading since .113 is not official... hope I helped
    03-26-09 01:23 AM
    Thanks. That works...unfortunately i upgraded my OS at work and don't have .113 on my computer at home, so i'll have to wait untill tomorrow (later today) so i can put .113 back on it after i get maps back. thanks guys.
    03-26-09 01:34 AM
    Thanks. That works...unfortunately i upgraded my OS at work and don't have .113 on my computer at home, so i'll have to wait untill tomorrow (later today) so i can put .113 back on it after i get maps back. thanks guys.
    You may still be able to do it, worth a shot atleast. Make sure you DISCONNECT from the internet first, then start DM, Connect phone, and hit apploader and see if its there. You can always just cancel and make no changes to your phone.
    03-26-09 01:39 AM
    The reason why the OTA link for BB Maps is not working for you is that the link is only for the 4.1 and 4.2.X OS. Also try using the app loader by itself instead of through DM to reinstall.

C:/Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader/Loader.exe

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-26-09 01:50 AM
    03-26-09 05:06 AM
    03-26-09 05:07 AM
    where did you try down loadin it from
    03-26-09 05:17 AM
    Why do you need BB Maps for WeatherBug to work? I don't have BB Maps installed and my WeatherBug works just fine.

Am I missing something (im using .113 too)
    03-26-09 06:27 AM
    where did you try down loadin it from
    I used the BB site for maps.

I had so much trouble finding the weatherbug download....i ended up googling to find it. the only reason i got it was to try it on the ivista2 theme i just purchased. but it says i can't use weather bug, and to ensure bb maps is installed.
    Last edited by rbecerra; 03-26-09 at 08:04 AM.
    03-26-09 07:59 AM
    The reason why the OTA link for BB Maps is not working for you is that the link is only for the 4.1 and 4.2.X OS. Also try using the app loader by itself instead of through DM to reinstall.

C:/Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader/Loader.exe

if i go this route, will it downgrade my OS? i really don't wanna go through the trouble of reinstalling my .113 just for maps....I actually like .113. lol
    03-26-09 08:01 AM
    Why do you need BB Maps for WeatherBug to work? I don't have BB Maps installed and my WeatherBug works just fine.

Am I missing something (im using .113 too)
    maybe it needs BB maps to start up . then once its opened, you may be given an option to use other maps????? I couldn't tell ya...
    03-26-09 08:07 AM
    if i go this route, will it downgrade my OS? i really don't wanna go through the trouble of reinstalling my .113 just for maps....I actually like .113. lol
    No it won't Downgrade. It will just reinstall bb maps.

03-26-09 08:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD