when i conect the bb storm to desktop manager,i loose the contacts ,what can i do??
    01-17-09 02:34 PM
    I don't undestand what you mean by "lose the contacts." Does the Address Book on the Storm get cleared? Do the Contacts get deleted from Outlook on your PC? What desktop PIM are you synching with if not Outlook?
    01-17-09 03:55 PM
    sorry for no explain in details!!,my adress book is cleared when i conect my bb to desktop manager
    01-19-09 07:00 AM
    What program are you synching to? Outlook? Have you ever been able to synch? Have you ever been able to make a backup? What are you trying to do when the Address Book gets cleared?
    01-19-09 08:08 AM
    im trying to update my bb,and an error messege apears (some backup information stored in pc)the adress book and nubers stored in bb ,are gone!! ,
    01-19-09 08:51 AM
    What do you mean by updating your bb? Are you trying to upgrade the OS on your Storm? Or simply synch your BB to Outlook?
    01-19-09 08:57 AM
    im olnly conect my bb to the desktop manager,an error apears ,and the information its gone
    01-19-09 09:13 AM
    You may have contacts set to only take it from outlook (or whatever your using) which I would assume deletes anything that doesn't match.
    01-19-09 09:22 AM
    no is not contacts from outlook!!,is phone numbers of people i know stored in bb ,(alan ,mobile 000-000-0000) phone book!!
    01-19-09 09:30 AM
    When you say the information is gone, do you mean you can't see it on your PC? But when you disconnect from your PC, the information is still in your Storm?

Are you running Desktop Manager? When you plug your Storm into your PC, does your pin # show up on the Desktop Manager Home Screen?

Your Storm has to sync to something. Desktop Manager controls that sync. If you're not synching to Outlook, then what are you using? What program are you running on your PC that has your email, address book, notes, tasks, and calendar? That's the program the Storm is trying to sync to.
    01-19-09 10:23 AM
    yea!! if somebody have the same problem,names ,phone numbers and contacs are gone when conect bb to desktop manager,the in formation are in drive c of your pc,open the desktop manager and then click on backup restore and browse the file from drive c,the file end like this "ipd " and you can get back the lost information!!
    01-19-09 12:48 PM
    yea!! if somebody have the same problem,names ,phone numbers and contacs are gone when conect bb to desktop manager,the in formation are in drive c of your pc,open the desktop manager and then click on backup restore and browse the file from drive c,the file end like this "ipd " and you can get back the lost information!!
    Congratulations on getting it sorted, good thing you had those backup files.
    01-19-09 02:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD