For those of you that do not know, read below:

Go to options, then mobile network. Then change network technology from global to 1XEV. Battery will work a lot better (The phone will not look for a GSM signal). Let me know how this helps.
    12-31-08 11:43 AM
    I changed mine to 1XEV from day one. I can't complain about battery life for what I do with the device. It's good enough for me
    12-31-08 11:45 AM
    this change will also prevent the "sim card found" message
    12-31-08 11:48 AM
    what is the difference between 1xev and gsm?
    12-31-08 12:40 PM
    When set the "global" the phone will look for all signals (EVDO and GSM). GSM is what att and T-mobile (Roger/Fido in Canada) use for cell technology. Your phone only needs to look for that if you are out of the US/Canada. The Verizon network (as well as Telus and Bell) and CDMA and use EVDO (1XEV) for data. That clear as mud?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-31-08 12:46 PM
    Oh that makes Sense I'm going to try that put thx for the tip

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-31-08 01:20 PM
    great tip! My phone's battery life has been so-so since I started locking it after using it (This DOES work despite what anyone believes). It's improved, but not as drastically as I would have liked. Hopefully this gives my battery a little more boost. And thanks to the last poster. I've seen this tip posted before, but didn't understand what the difference between global, 1xev, and the other setting was so I didn't bother tryin it. Now that it's been explained, it makes more sense.
    12-31-08 01:22 PM
    this change will also prevent the "sim card found" message

Easier fix is to the call the Global CSR for Verizon and have them add the SIM card to your account that is in the phone and the error will never happen again.
    12-31-08 01:24 PM
    This is great advice, thanks! In addition to saving the battery, no longer get the "sim card found" message when I reboot. Besides, I have absolutely no need for GSM anyway
    12-31-08 01:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD