Anyone else having this issue? i know it takes awhile to charge, but its been charging for about 7-8 hours. and its at 95%, i checked it about an hour ago, its 95% still. I did numerous battery pulls, id rather not bring it in for a replacement because then i have to reinstall/re-add all my info. But im just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this issue.
    01-13-09 05:16 AM
    I noticed this with my seidio extended battery. It came shipped at about 40% and was stuck at 95% for a while. It took about 1 over night charge to get to 100%, which is kinda what it said on the instructions. I wouldn't worry about it to be honest.
    01-13-09 06:23 AM
    LOL! When I first read your thread I thought yours wouldn't DISCHARGE below 95%. I was going to say... I wish I had that problem!!!

But no... if I leave mine on overnight charge, it's 100% in the AM.
    01-13-09 06:53 AM
    Did you drain the battery fully before your first full charge?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-13-09 06:56 AM
    Did you drain the battery fully before your first full charge?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    yeah practically, not until it went dead, but basically it was at like 2%
    01-13-09 06:59 AM
    I have 2 batteries and both do the same and I have drained them both. I have seen several folks on here having the same problem. I have seen it on 2 different Storms. Sometimes I can pull the battery after it has been setting at 95% and then when it comes back up it says 100%.
    01-13-09 07:09 AM
    full initial charge can take 14-16 hours. USB has on ly a trickle coming out of it and the cells can have quite a bit of resistance especially a higher capacity cell. are you using the BB wall charger or you computer? Not all computer usbs put out the same amps and wall chargers are not all the same. Leave it on with out taking it off. 3-5 charge cycles and it should improve.
    Hope that helps
    01-13-09 07:17 AM
    Same here, but if I leave it on charge overnight it does go to 100%.
    01-13-09 07:33 AM
    I don't know about you guys, but I charged my battery to 100% with the phone off just like the manual says before I use the phone for the first time. Now every time I charge it, the battery stops at 100% and the lightning bolt on the battery goes away.
    01-13-09 07:37 AM
    I don't know about you guys, but I charged my battery to 100% with the phone off just like the manual says before I use the phone for the first time. Now every time I charge it, the battery stops at 100% and the lightning bolt on the battery goes away.
    Good Point as the Phone does take power and slow the charge rate. a phone turned off charges faster than one turned on. remember the chargers are really low power only like .5A at 5V.
    01-13-09 08:02 AM
    Anyone else having this issue? i know it takes awhile to charge, but its been charging for about 7-8 hours. and its at 95%, i checked it about an hour ago, its 95% still. I did numerous battery pulls, id rather not bring it in for a replacement because then i have to reinstall/re-add all my info. But im just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this issue.
    do not worry, it's a well known problem of tons of Storms, like the charging led that never stops to pulse even when the storm is fully recharged. The battery is charged @ 100% but the status screen says it's @ 95%. If you pull the battery out and in again it says 100% or goes to 100% in a while...
    01-13-09 08:03 AM
    I had the same issue on two storms. I believe it was the 3rd and 5th one. The battery pulls won't work! Don't waste your time. The phone doesn't recognize the storm fully charged. If you take that battery that has been charging overnight, and put it into another storm, you will see that the other storm will recognize the charge. The only fix for this is R E P L A C E M E N T! Sorry, but that was the only solution for me! Don't worry about reloading all settings, just do a back up before you bring it back and when you get the new one, do a full restore of all settings.
    01-13-09 08:24 AM
    Same issue here.
    01-13-09 08:49 AM
    I had the same issue on two storms. I believe it was the 3rd and 5th one. The battery pulls won't work! Don't waste your time. The phone doesn't recognize the storm fully charged. If you take that battery that has been charging overnight, and put it into another storm, you will see that the other storm will recognize the charge. The only fix for this is R E P L A C E M E N T! Sorry, but that was the only solution for me! Don't worry about reloading all settings, just do a back up before you bring it back and when you get the new one, do a full restore of all settings.
    i wish it was that simple with a mac.
    01-13-09 12:04 PM
    Don't drain the batteries before charging them. These are Li-ion cells, not the old Ni-Cad or Ni-Polymer cells. Li-ion cells do NOt like to be drained.
    01-13-09 12:34 PM
    now my battery is stuck at 10%, ive been using it all day at 10%, i really don't want a replacement. Because then i have to redownload/transfer all of my e-mails/info. Ive done a few battery pulls. but shouldn't have to do battery pulls....the phone is flawless other then this stupid battery issue, i need to know when my phone is dying or not. or if its fully charged or not. Should i just let it completely die and then give it a full charge? i got the phone a few days ago, and ive only charged it twice.
    01-14-09 05:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD