I had to pull my battery 6-7 times last week due to an unforunate incident whereby my Storm2 ended up head-first into a cup of coffee...about 1/2" deep...light, 3 sugars.
    After about 2 hours it finally settled down and function was back to normal except for 2 things:
    1. The keys on the typing keyboard at top (when vertical) and LEFT (when horizontal) have become difficult to press...mostly the 'A' key.
    2. The Screen Lock button no longer locks the screen. This one might benefit fro manother battery pull but I want to hear about what multiple battery pulls may be doing to my keyboard.

Thanks!
    01-24-10 10:59 AM
    It isn't the battery pulls that are causing the problem, its the coffee. BB's don't react well to liquids.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-24-10 11:26 AM
    These might help.

Drying out your berry

Dealing with a wet berry

01-24-10 11:34 AM
    The keys difficult keys are slowly coming back to normal. I suppose the use is self-cleaning the contact?

The screen lock button is still dead. Not the end of the world with the S2 since the screen requires being depressed to initiate a command from the home screen. That makes it safe feom accidental calls while being carried.

No more coffee for this device! It's Hot Chocolate ONLY!
    01-27-10 05:23 AM
    About not worrying about the screen being clicked while in your pocket or somewhere. I've have had my phone click on options while put away but man its very rare. Yeah its for sure the coffee that hurt your phone not the battery pull.

01-27-10 10:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD