so i heard that bb storm comes with like 124k of memory and i only have the aim facebook myspace and i think thats it for my applications and all i have left is like 35.5 mb left, is that normal or what??

also battery pulls,
    why and how?

i heard of people having like 50 apps, i have no where near what the hell?

Sry guys i just got this storm and its my first ever bb so any help at all helps so much
    Thanks to all in advance!
    05-21-09 04:03 PM
    It comes with 128MB of app memory which is used by many things, including apps, themes, the OS, personal data (contacts, calendar, etc). Some people have noticed an improvement with available app memory after upgrading to one of the newer OS builds.

Also remember that many of the people who have 50+ app memory available have deleted many things that the device came with. Go to the How-To section of the Storm forums, and you will see how-to threads on optimizing your app memory.
    Last edited by Morf32; 05-21-09 at 05:44 PM.
    05-21-09 04:08 PM
    Yes that is a normal amount of free memory. With a bare bones OS install you will max out around 53-55 MBs.

Just a word of advice, don't sweat how much free memory you have, if the phone is running ok then no worries. As I've said before memory is there to be used not counted. People in this forum obsess over memory for no logical reason.
    05-21-09 04:11 PM
    Yes that is a normal amount of free memory. With a bare bones OS install you will max out around 53-55 MBs.

Just a word of advice, don't sweat how much free memory you have, if the phone is running ok then no worries. As I've said before memory is there to be used not counted. People in this forum obsess over memory for no logical reason.
    Thank you... I should have added that. I agree.
    05-21-09 04:15 PM
    It comes with 128k of app memory which is used by many things, including apps, themes, the OS, personal data (contacts, calendar, etc). Some people have noticed an improvement with available app memory after upgrading to one of the newer OS builds.

Also remember that many of the people who have 50+ app memory available have deleted many things that the device came with. Go to the How-To section of the Storm forums, and you will see how-to threads on optimizing your app memory.
    Just to clarify, it's 128MB. 128K would suuuuuuuuuuck.
    05-21-09 05:02 PM
    Just to clarify, it's 128MB. 128K would suuuuuuuuuuck.
    AAAHHHH! Thank you! TYPO! I'm so glad you pointed that out... that WOULD suck!!! Ha ha ha ha!
    05-21-09 05:43 PM
    35mb > no problem! 12mb minimum advised.

More info: HOW2:appmem
    05-21-09 06:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD