hello all,

I am a new blackberry user and this storm has been giving me issues. I'm not completely technically challenged, but my knowledge is DEFINITELY limited.

I had an issue previously with my browser not working, so I pulled out the battery and the issue resolved.

However, the same browser issue happened again last night and when I took out the battery and replaced it, it goes through this same pattern...

black screen, black screen with the "thinking clock" thing, white screen, white screen with the "thinking clock" thing, then on the white screen something pops up very small and only stays for a second so I think it says "JUM:FAULT" then under that "RESET" and then it starts the whole process over again with the black screen etc...

I've tried leaving the battery out for a long time and trying again but to no avail.

I realize this isn't the most intelligent post with my description, but I could really use some help.

THANKS
    09-12-09 12:58 PM
    basically, you're screwed... hope you have a backup of your data because you'll need to reload the OS.

How To Reload Operating System on a nuked BB
    09-12-09 01:11 PM
    Is there any way to back up my information at this point? Also, how do I reload my OS?

Sorry for such basic questions, but I'm just learning...
    09-12-09 02:04 PM
    basically, you're screwed... hope you have a backup of your data because you'll need to reload the OS.

How To Reload Operating System on a nuked BB

Yeah, you kinda are and it says JVM error.
    09-12-09 02:16 PM
    I say reload Os should fixed your issue your having at this point.
    09-12-09 02:25 PM
    Is there any way to back up my information at this point? Also, how do I reload my OS?

Sorry for such basic questions, but I'm just learning...
    Some days you're the student. Some days you're the teacher.

You MIGHT get lucky during the reload, but I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-12-09 03:02 PM
    You might try booting your Storm in to safe mode, backing up, THEN reloading the OS. To boot to safe mode, do a battery pull, then hold down the back button as the storm is starting up. This MAY get it working enough to do a backup. Let us know how you make out.
    09-12-09 04:34 PM
    You might try booting your Storm in to safe mode, backing up, THEN reloading the OS. To boot to safe mode, do a battery pull, then hold down the back button as the storm is starting up. This MAY get it working enough to do a backup. Let us know how you make out.
    good call.
    09-12-09 04:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD