Hey,

So i received my replacement storm (launch-day model had no click to the bottom left of the screen) and set it up last night and let it charge until it was full and then un-plugged it, set my alarm and went to bed. Wake up, no alarm goes off so i assume its just super early, i go to check my phone and its dead. So dead that when i plug it into the charger, i get a little battery icon rather than have the phone start up. This total drain of the battery happened overnight, on a FULL Charge, and the phone wasn't even being used. Im charging up the original battery from the original phone and seeing if the same thing happens with this battery. Im really hoping its the new battery and not the new phone. Anyone have issues like this?
    12-21-08 12:56 PM
    This same problem happened to me. Except, only on the first night of having my Storm. Now I just leave it plugged in all night, every night. One thing that you can try is to put it in "bedside mode" at night. Make sure that bedside mode is set to turn off all the radios. That will preserve battery life.
    12-21-08 01:02 PM
    usually i get 24 hours of life under medium use (alot of texting/bbms, light browsing), so for it to die in 9 hours of NO use really really shocked me
    12-21-08 01:05 PM
    you have weather bug running?

hold the BB button down and see what programs you have running...sometimes people forget to CLOSE the apps down and just exit via the back button
    12-21-08 01:22 PM
    I wish I had your battery! Have to charge twice a day! where can I get that battery?
    12-21-08 01:36 PM
    Maybe you should just get a replacement,if the battery is like that,take it back,on these forums,some users are on their 3rd and 4th storm,keep going until you get a good one,and I still can't figure out why I haven't had this issues others seem to have haved with the storm;crazy

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-21-08 03:55 PM
    I have no problem with my battery life ... I fully charge it at night and it last all day.Im a heavy youtube/internet user so the problem is for you guys is are you using a application like aim that always on because I used aim for one day and my battery was almost gone by half the day ... I stoped using it and I have no problems now
    12-21-08 04:13 PM
    I'm on my second Storm. Both batteries are the same. I have to charge twice a day. I have no background programs running, no GPS, no Bluetooth and although heavy talk, text and email not even heavy on browser. It sucks having to carry a charger with you everywhere you go. And be that person....charging your phone while your out.
    12-21-08 05:38 PM
    I too got the battery icon on a charge instead of the phone starting up. Could be any thing -- possibly because the phone did not have enough power to start up?
    12-21-08 06:41 PM
    So last night, i charge the storm full and then un plug the charger, set it to bedside mode (radio off), wake up 8 hours later and its dead AGAIN. I might try and replace it if this continues.
    12-23-08 03:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD