Hi guys

i need your science guys ,
    my battery drive me crazy !!

After a long call, when i check my battery status , the storm announce me 35 % ( for example ) , just after the call do a battery pull. Just after the battery pull the Storm announce me 45% .
    I have this issue with all the OS i mean .113 .109 .78 ( bb 9500 Voda ) ...
    Do you think that is a probleme with the OS / Hardware or the Battery Memorie and Battery Cells ?

i know that everybody after a battery pull lost 5% and i also have this issue after a regular battery pull (with no call )

i just tested one again : start the call with 62% => finished with 35% => battery Pull = 45 %

04-06-09 07:18 AM
    Does the battery charge to 100% if you leave it charging for a while, or does it never reach a full charge at all?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by Kangaruex; 04-06-09 at 07:40 AM.
    04-06-09 07:31 AM
    100 % every morning after a full charge , with the Green Light
    04-06-09 07:55 AM
    I have heard a few people saying that they have had some issues with battery life with some of the Storm's OS's. I have also heard some people complain about the phone itself draining the battery rather quickly.

I am not quite sure how you can tell the difference between which is causing your issue. Hopefully someone else here can tell you how to determine which is the culprit.

I know it is irritating. But, if it isn't the battery I don't want to give you any incorrect advice about the Storm or it's OS's. My experience with the Storm is limited. Sorry.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-06-09 08:22 AM
    Hopefully for you your experience is limited lol ...

That is my 3rd Storm , and the third one already gone to after sale care for 2 times anyway

The Battery ( in general , not only in this case ) drive me crazy ..... Hard to keep it alive for a full day
    04-06-09 08:43 AM
    Battery life in smart phones are generally poor, but in some version of the Storm OS, it's even worse than normal. 113 for example is bad, BUT good in many other ways. Couple things you can do to improve battery life, turn down the backlight, turn off Bluetooth & GPS when not in use, turn off 3G (only GSM folks can do this) when in poor 3G coverage areas, and use the auto shutdown proceedure at night. Also a case with a sleeper magnet can help.
    04-06-09 08:50 AM
    Actually i know that storm #1 problem is the battery.
    In this post i am talking about the battery but also the hardware and OS . cause i have strange things after a quick pull ... and i wanna if it's better for to buy a new battery or just accept that my device have a problem.
    The first things that i did last december on my Storm was your advice ... thanks to share it again , cause a lt of people have to know it .
    04-06-09 09:09 AM
    Battery life in smart phones are generally poor, but in some version of the Storm OS, it's even worse than normal. 113 for example is bad, BUT good in many other ways. Couple things you can do to improve battery life, turn down the backlight, turn off Bluetooth & GPS when not in use, turn off 3G (only GSM folks can do this) when in poor 3G coverage areas, and use the auto shutdown proceedure at night. Also a case with a sleeper magnet can help.
    or you could just turn off the phone and have great battery life!
    04-06-09 10:20 AM
    No , lol
    i switch my phone on every morning ( 7am) and switch it off every night ( 10 pm ) ......
    my problem is that the battery level is just a FAKE ....

After a long call, when i check my battery status , the storm announce me 35 % ( for example ) , just after the call do a battery pull. Just after the battery pull the Storm announce me 45% .
    I have this issue with all the OS i mean .113 .109 .78 ( bb 9500 Voda ) ...
    Do you think that is a probleme with the OS / Hardware or the Battery Memorie and Battery Cells ?

i know that everybody after a battery pull lost 5% and i also have this issue after a regular battery pull (with no call )

i just tested one again : start the call with 62% => finished with 35% => battery Pull = 45 %
    04-06-09 10:24 AM
    Any idea ?
    04-06-09 12:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD