So the other day my storm just started to die on me. I use the vibrate function since Im in college and then when I go to work. The phone would literally last a couple days... I would religiously charge it at night when I sleep. Now through one day itll go down to 15% charge....when I dont do anything to eat the battery life but texting.... whats up with that?

Is it true that leaving it charged for a long time that itll kill the battery charge capacity? I just want this fixed....Any remedies? and DONT be smart. lol.

Thanks.
    01-27-09 02:26 AM
    Have you loaded any third party apps? Are you leaving some apps open that you can close when you're not using them?
    01-27-09 02:52 AM
    I agree with closing apps. I let my friend use my bb and didn't think to close apps and it was drained within a few hours

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-27-09 02:54 AM
    I left the camera open by accident the other day and it owned my battery, it was down to close to 10% after a couple hours. I did the same thing with WeatherBug yesterday and it ate up the battery. You need to make sure you are closing apps you aren't using. Obviously the main apps run in the BG, but you obviously figure out which those are.
    01-27-09 02:58 AM
    You Tube is a power leach. Make sure you choose Close for that SOB.
    01-27-09 02:59 AM
    You Tube is a power leach. Make sure you choose Close for that SOB.
    Oh yeah there's another one!
    01-27-09 02:59 AM
    I let it charge in the wall socket and I unplugged it and it said it was only 95%. wtf.

How do I close apps?

I usually just hit the red key or the curved arrow key.... yes i dont know anything lol...
    01-27-09 11:41 AM
    i had a problem where my battery indicator would be red and say low battery, but the phone would never die.. heck i even proved it by watching an entire 2 hour movie on the phone and the battery never died.

are you experiencing this?

sometime the screen indicator and what level the battery actually is can differ.. unfortunately if you go to options>status and look at the battery level, it will give you a reading based on the indicator.. so checking the status wont do much for you.
    01-27-09 11:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD