Battery life is very important to me. There is nothing I hate more than my phone running out of juice. I would rather have the phone be .75" thick with the ability to last all day under heavy data usage.
    11-17-08 10:46 AM
    I will let you you know, my 1st generation I-phone has terrible battery life.If you text alot and use wifi good luck to make the day and night.I could not imagine that the storm would be worse than this.
    11-17-08 10:52 AM
    Battery life is very important to me. There is nothing I hate more than my phone running out of juice. I would rather have the phone be .75" thick with the ability to last all day under heavy data usage.
    Amen my friend..
    11-17-08 10:53 AM
    I must admit, im pretty disappointed in the battery life of this phone.
    I had a HTC Tytn II before and that lasted me most of the day (from 7:00 to approx 23:30) which I considered o.k. (I must admit I really did hammer this phone!)

The Storm is currently getting me from 7:00 to approx 14:00 which is causing me some problems. I'm doing the same work as before. Just lots of e-mails with no bluetooth enabled. Screen slightly dim. Not much talking (approx 1 hour)

I'm kinda hoping it may be a faulty phone although I doubt it.

Do you guys really think it may just be the battery going through the break in cycle with the battery and this issue will improve. If I can get from 7:00am to 18:00 id be happy!
    11-17-08 11:01 AM
    are you able to turn off verizon's 3G Network like you can do with the iphone? because ive noticed that turning on/off 3G reception on the iphone can help out the battery.
    11-17-08 11:15 AM
    Yes you can disable 3G.
    Ive just done that so will test tomorrow and see how long it lasts on a full charge.
    I must admit im in a fairly poor Vodafone coverage area and it runs mainly on GPRS although I have seen it show up 3G 1 or 2 times.

Fingers Crossed
    11-17-08 11:19 AM
    They're all watching pr0n on there new BB's, (with charging docks)...
    OK so I had a Vodafone Storm now for 24 hours and was playing with it a looot. I charged it over night, then today in the morning (9:00) listened to music for about 1h, then 10 rather short calls, 30 eMails, 10 SMS and 6 hours later the battery was at 20%...

Now I had to charge it again. I am not thaaat happy with the battery life but maybe it will get better in the next couple of days...! The Bold's battery life was just amazing...

That's my experience.
    11-18-08 09:57 AM
    The screen is also twice the size of the Bold. All that realestate costs some power one way or another. Currently the 88xx/83xx series phones tend to last a lot longer then what is described here. I hope that things improve over time with updated OSs.
    11-18-08 10:11 AM
    Got my Storm last Friday on the release day and been so disappointed with the battery life yesterday for example i made 3 10min calls, 10 emails, 30 txs and when i woke up today the battery was red. Am actually scared to use it telling my friends i cant talk long cause i know when i hang up am gonna look at the phone and see a few more bars away. I have went thru all battery saving tips and the only one am having problems with is turning 3G off so i am only on 2G but when i do i can't get email. Anyone got anymore tips?

Scott
    11-18-08 10:20 AM
    OK so I had a Vodafone Storm now for 24 hours and was playing with it a looot. I charged it over night, then today in the morning (9:00) listened to music for about 1h, then 10 rather short calls, 30 eMails, 10 SMS and 6 hours later the battery was at 20%...

Now I had to charge it again. I am not thaaat happy with the battery life but maybe it will get better in the next couple of days...! The Bold's battery life was just amazing...

That's my experience.
    OK, but does the pr0n play well from the charging pod ???

Does vibe & ring work well ?

Hopefully Seido will come out with their high density battery quick, looks like i'll be needing a 2nd one for now...
    11-18-08 10:24 AM
    I'm also finding the battery life pretty shocking. Yesterday I undocked it fully charged at around 10am. I spend 5mins talking, sent two texts, sent a couple of emails, and received around 10. Perhaps 1 hour of fiddling (learning where capslock is etc), and today at 4pm it ran out of juice. To add insult to injury it went into autosleep at 11pm last night and wasn't turned on until 7am this morning.

No background tasks, 2G only (forced), screen at 80% brightness.

All in all it looks like even with very very light useage (ie. not talk time and reading the odd email coming in) it'll be need to be charged daily. And this is with it off overnight.

All in all, I'm contemplating taking it back, it's just pathetic.
    11-18-08 12:54 PM
    i always had good luck with the sedio batteries. i had one in my pearl and it was great.
    11-18-08 01:08 PM
    Hi all , i have just got a storm, but had to take back after a day , as loads of problems with phone. Poor batt life, slow apps and hard to type. Got a new one tday and is much better-typing will take time though-man hands!!
    11-18-08 05:20 PM
    Earth to posters... UK is five hours ahead of US EST!
    Damn! They get everything before us.
    11-18-08 05:59 PM
    Its disappointing to read about battery life issues. The silver lining is most of that can be fixed with software updates or a new battery (if they are defective). Consider yourselves lucky you arent iPhone 3G users with poor battery life. Those people are just stuck.

Anyone know if there will be a extended battery for the storm?
    11-18-08 06:04 PM
    I recall reading very similar short battery life threads about the 8830 when it first came out. Mine started out bad the first few days and I started charging it at every opportunity no matter how little use it had. After it got broke in the battery life is very acceptable plus I believe one of the early software updates addressed some of the power consumption issues.

I suspect that proper break in is one of the keys since I've read a lot of complaints from Storm users citing how they have let the battery run very low several times the first couple of days they had it.
    11-18-08 06:49 PM
    Anyone with a Storm care to comment on how the battery life is now that it has been available for a few days? I know RIM usually has good battery life but I was wondering if the touch screen aspect might decrease it some. Also this was one of the MAJOR iPhone gripes... so I just thought I would ask
    The battery life is awful. I am having to charge it every night. thats with about 20 emails a day 50-60 text messages and a minimal amount of web browsing.

I will give mine a month then I think it will meet an untimely death if there is no update released.
    11-19-08 04:44 AM
    Gotta say I've charged mine quite a bit since it arrived on Monday, I'm fully charging today, and trying not to play with it to much to get a proper view of the battery life.
    11-19-08 05:24 AM
    The battery life on mine seems to be getting better every day. I think that we should all
    realise the fact that we possibley need to charge every day for a few weeks compared to
    Sending our phones away to have a new battery put in it!! Ahem iphone ****e. Lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-19-08 05:27 AM
    Yeah thats a fair comment, I'm hoping that it needs to condition over a few weeks of full charge/full drain for it to have better life. I know its never going to compare to my 8310 that seemed to last for ever.
    11-19-08 07:10 AM
    Just adding to the battery life is tragic posts. Its tragic! And its mostly sitting on GPRS rather than 3G. I will select 2G only and see if it lasts longer that way.
    11-19-08 07:25 AM
    Yeah I think I'm gonna try that as well. VF 3G coverage map is a lie, only had 3G signal once now and that was only 2 bars....
    11-19-08 07:42 AM
    I am shocked at how poor the battery life is actually; although I guess for such a fantastic phone and the functionality it brings to the user it can be forgiven.

I am from across the water (Wales in the United Kingdom), got the phone about 4 days ago and very impressed with it.

Someone talks of bigger batteries available to buy, what is recommended? Will it really make a huge difference or shall I just buy docking stations for it for work, home and car?
    11-19-08 07:46 AM
    11-19-08 08:03 AM
    I think some of us are spoiled by blackberry's from the past. They have had unusually good battery life.. Most of my previous phones have to charge every night.

The battery life is awful. I am having to charge it every night. thats with about 20 emails a day 50-60 text messages and a minimal amount of web browsing.

I will give mine a month then I think it will meet an untimely death if there is no update released.
    11-19-08 09:01 AM
50 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD