Now I know there's oodles of threads on how to get better/worse battery life, but I have a few questions I'd like to put all into one place that probably have been answered in different instances over the last days/weeks.

First off, my battery life is poor to say the least. took it off the charger today at 2:30PM with a full charge and it was dead by 8:30. I have os .109 and I have the screen brightness on 10. YES I use my phone alot, but I'm GOING to get my 360 bucks a year out of my data and the reason I have the phone is to have something to do at work on weeknights (retail is dead after 6 or so). either way, using or not using 6 hours is not gonna cut it!

Has anyone used and/or would you recommend these batteries

Crackberry has 3:

OEM (I'm not gonna buy another one of these regardless for 40-50 bucks)
    Huge (how bulky is it)
    Medium (is it really better than the original.)

Ebay has some that are CHEAP rip offs but if it would allow me to keep my main battery on reserve while I play games at work, it would suffice.

I guess what I'm asking is are these CHEAP batteries bad for my phone or worth 10 bucks shipped?

Also, is there any other way you can think for me to save power? (have deleted all uselass apps/icons from the home screen/ screen brightness as low as it goes/ GPS off/ Bluetooth off/ world off/ only a few programs running.

My Brother in law has a storm that he uses casually and hegot 3 days on one charge. Does using this phone REALLY kill it off that much or have I had to bad phone/battery combinations. FWIW it wasn't any better on .75 or 103/106 hybrid either.
    03-09-09 09:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD