I just bought a Storm and the battery life is very short. After a full 12 hr charge when I got it - the next day I was down to 1 bar by the end of 8-10 hours. Does this fit fit the normal experience for Battery life for a Storm? Seems very short compared to what I had with my other "rollerball" BlackBerry.

Thanks,
    Dennis
    02-11-09 04:37 PM
    That does sound a little short to me. I can easily get about 15 hours per charge with heavy usage. I do keep mine in a holster throughout the day which puts it to sleep

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-11-09 05:04 PM
    Mine lasts about three full days on a charge with normal usage.

How is your signal throughout the day? If you are in a building or location where your phone is searching for service a lot, that could kill the battery. It also depends on what you have running, and your amount of usage. I think a little more detail will help us troubleshoot.
    02-11-09 05:06 PM
    I think the holster definitely makes a difference. I use mine without one and I get about a working day's usage: about 4-6 hours of heavy usage.
    02-11-09 05:09 PM
    I'm having the exact same problem with very minimal usage and it is very inconvenient!
    02-11-09 05:09 PM
    This problem has been well hashed out on the forums. I would suggest using the search function !

Also what apps are you running? Apps can have a lot to do with your battery life and back light issues.

02-11-09 05:19 PM
    Also remember that just hitting the back key or end key while in an app doesn't close it. You need to hit the menu, then close to close out the app. That's a trick I learned real quick. I'd hold down my menu button for a couple seconds and have so many things open i didnt know what was happening.
    02-11-09 05:23 PM
    Mine ususally lasts through a full day, which is about 12-16 hours. Like everyone else says, it always depends on what you are using. Just yesterday I listened to music for a full two hours while walking around town, sat down for lunch and read the news. When I got home, I was down to 80%.

But don't forget, with a larger, touch screen, the battery life won't be as long simply because of that.
    02-11-09 06:09 PM
    Ya LOL slacker and google synch KILLED my battery for the first few days I had this phone lol!
    02-11-09 06:24 PM
    I have 2 regular batteries for my storm. Battery life sucks on it if your a heavy user.
    02-11-09 07:53 PM
    while im at work (8 hrs) i can easy go from full to 20%
    02-11-09 08:02 PM
    Mine lasts about three full days on a charge with normal usage.

How is your signal throughout the day? If you are in a building or location where your phone is searching for service a lot, that could kill the battery. It also depends on what you have running, and your amount of usage. I think a little more detail will help us troubleshoot.
    mine too =)
    02-11-09 08:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD